BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board
 
BPM Sport
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-22-2011, 10:31 AM   #23
KingOfJericho
Brigadier General
 
KingOfJericho's Avatar
 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

Posts: 4,986
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Card is on the way... this code better be valid in 10 days!
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired
KingOfJericho is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2011, 10:35 AM   #24
solefald
Nigerian Prince
 
solefald's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 F25
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 2,170
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Card is on the way... this code better be valid in 10 days!
+1
__________________
solefald is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2011, 11:19 AM   #25
Freakazoid
Captain
 
Freakazoid's Avatar
 
Drives: Saturn Redline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh

Posts: 967
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
+1
doing some googling it's been out for several weeks, I doubt (hope not at least) they will be cancelling it any time soon.


On the credit limit know, I remember this discussion from the other thread....anyone have any idea what they give as the default 'max' you can spend? I know it learns, but there must still be a proportional max?
Freakazoid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2011, 11:40 AM   #26
solefald
Nigerian Prince
 
solefald's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 F25
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 2,170
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
doing some googling it's been out for several weeks, I doubt (hope not at least) they will be cancelling it any time soon.


On the credit limit know, I remember this discussion from the other thread....anyone have any idea what they give as the default 'max' you can spend? I know it learns, but there must still be a proportional max?
My co-worker made a $10,000 deposit on a car with his cash rewards Amex and got $2,000 cash back from them. I am pretty sure you can go higher. It's a big boy card.
__________________
solefald is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2011, 11:53 AM   #27
Spool
******
 
Spool's Avatar
 
Drives: A few
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: DC Metro

Posts: 6,167
iTrader: (24)

im gonna go try to buy a 2carat diamond ring at Tiffany's and see if they let me...that shit is like 50 grand
__________________


MKIV 6spd 1000hp Club
Spool is offline   Vietnam
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2011, 12:09 PM   #28
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?
 
NYCGP's Avatar
 
Drives: Bandwagon
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Jungle

Posts: 1,578
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spool View Post
im gonna go try to buy a 2carat diamond ring at Tiffany's and see if they let me...that shit is like 50 grand
Then you should go bet it on 1 hand of poker!! This is a really good idea... brb I am going to apply for that CC right now!
__________________
"It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not."
-André Gide
NYCGP is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2011, 12:12 PM   #29
M3Bahn
Lieutenant
 
M3Bahn's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: ATL

Posts: 487
iTrader: (0)

I did the british airways chase deal 100K miles for I think $2.5 spend. Cool thing about the card is no 3% fee overseas, deal expired while ago.
__________________
The journey is the reward.
M3Bahn is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2011, 12:56 PM   #30
Freakazoid
Captain
 
Freakazoid's Avatar
 
Drives: Saturn Redline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh

Posts: 967
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
My co-worker made a $10,000 deposit on a car with his cash rewards Amex and got $2,000 cash back from them. I am pretty sure you can go higher. It's a big boy card.
yea that's what I've heard so it's what I'm curious about...if I can buy a damn car on it I'll be a happy happy man...
Freakazoid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2011, 12:57 PM   #31
Watwood
Private
 
Watwood's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Huntsville, AL

Posts: 65
iTrader: (0)

Admittedly I know nothing about airline mile conversions. If I go through with all of this and have 75000 airline miles, what is a $ conversion for the price of a ticket? I clicked "Book Skymiles Award Ticket" on Delta and it showed the number of miles it took for each ticket I was looking at. Is that all that's needed?

Appreciate it.
Watwood is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2011, 12:58 PM   #32
KingOfJericho
Brigadier General
 
KingOfJericho's Avatar
 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

Posts: 4,986
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
yea that's what I've heard so it's what I'm curious about...if I can buy a damn car on it I'll be a happy happy man...
My old boss bought a land rover on his.
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired
KingOfJericho is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2011, 03:38 PM   #33
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,722
iTrader: (289)

yay I'm approved...

I have a Business AMEX but this is my first personal one :P

I have way too many cards though... o well the $750 will be worth it :P

it also told me I have no limit....that's..scary


I don't get the limits though...my bus amex has a limit of 50k, my personal now have no limit...and then i have a card from Barclay or something with a freaking $500 limit and other personal cards with limits all over 10k...how the hell do they determine these limits?
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2011, 03:50 PM   #34
solefald
Nigerian Prince
 
solefald's Avatar
 
Drives: '11 F25
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: San Diego, CA

Posts: 2,170
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
I don't get the limits though...my bus amex has a limit of 50k, my personal now have no limit...and then i have a card from Barclay or something with a freaking $500 limit and other personal cards with limits all over 10k...how the hell do they determine these limits?
lol. i got an emergency card from HSBC about 10 years ago with $300 limit. It *still* has a $300 limit on it, while the rest of my cards slowly got to $5-10K limits within a 5 year period.
__________________
solefald is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2011, 03:53 PM   #35
KingOfJericho
Brigadier General
 
KingOfJericho's Avatar
 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

Posts: 4,986
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
My first card I received in college had an $8k limit. That was slowly raised to $10k, then to $14k, then $18k, and finally $21k. I had no real job during that time. And that, kids, is how you encourage a financial crisis.
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired
KingOfJericho is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2011, 04:30 PM   #36
Freakazoid
Captain
 
Freakazoid's Avatar
 
Drives: Saturn Redline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh

Posts: 967
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
yay I'm approved...

I have a Business AMEX but this is my first personal one :P

I have way too many cards though... o well the $750 will be worth it :P

it also told me I have no limit....that's..scary


I don't get the limits though...my bus amex has a limit of 50k, my personal now have no limit...and then i have a card from Barclay or something with a freaking $500 limit and other personal cards with limits all over 10k...how the hell do they determine these limits?

for your business amex, no idea. For your other cards it's because they're credit cards. because AMEX requires immediate payup every month, they're able to get away with it. (I'm still betting there's gotta be an initial cap, no idea what it will be)
Freakazoid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-22-2011, 11:16 PM   #37
mase
Banned
 
mase's Avatar
 
Drives: 335i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: NYC

Posts: 446
iTrader: (27)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watwood View Post
Admittedly I know nothing about airline mile conversions. If I go through with all of this and have 75000 airline miles, what is a $ conversion for the price of a ticket? I clicked "Book Skymiles Award Ticket" on Delta and it showed the number of miles it took for each ticket I was looking at. Is that all that's needed?

Appreciate it.
For most airlines, 25k miles gives you a free roundtrip ticket anywhere in the continental US, 50k gives you a free international roundtrip. There are some exceptions like Hawaii is sometimes 30-35k and Caribbean can be 35-40k.

BA is great because you can get 112.5k miles out of it, and you can book free award flights on any of their partners like AA, Cathay, etc. However they tend to have high tax/fuel surcharges. You get the transfer bonus directly from membership rewards site.

Delta is a really good deal because you get 112.5k miles AND 25k elite qualifying miles, so you get Medallion status - you get free automatic seat upgrades if available as well as for your companions, priority boarding, no baggage fees etc. Point transfer site.
mase is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2011, 06:51 AM   #38
KingOfJericho
Brigadier General
 
KingOfJericho's Avatar
 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

Posts: 4,986
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Is there a code needed to get the Delta miles on top of the 6661?
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired
KingOfJericho is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2011, 07:23 AM   #39
KingOfJericho
Brigadier General
 
KingOfJericho's Avatar
 
Drives: Yes
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: CT

Posts: 4,986
iTrader: (1)

Garage List
2010 135i Coupe  [2.63]
Found an interesting article about this offer: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/dealsw...d-credit-card/
__________________
The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the author and do not necessarily reflect the official policy or position of Bimmerpost.

2010 S4 Current | 2010 BMW 135i Retired | 2006 Lotus Exige Retired
KingOfJericho is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2011, 08:30 AM   #40
Freakazoid
Captain
 
Freakazoid's Avatar
 
Drives: Saturn Redline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh

Posts: 967
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Found an interesting article about this offer: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/dealsw...d-credit-card/
yep found the same site, but found several forums all iterating success in the past week. Crossing my fingers!
Freakazoid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #41
Seminole
Colonel
 
Seminole's Avatar
 
Drives: Red Flyer
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 38.8977° N, 77.0366° W

Posts: 2,028
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
Found an interesting article about this offer: http://boardingarea.com/blogs/dealsw...d-credit-card/
I was able to get approved and I was reading throught that site.

It lists a code 5894 which is to get 75,000 points if you spend $500 in 3 months. This seems like a much better deal to me than the 6661 which is 75,000 points if you spend $2,000 in 3 months. Even the 5985 (75K for $1k spent) seems like a better deal. Anyone use those codes?
__________________
Seminole is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2011, 11:13 AM   #42
Freakazoid
Captain
 
Freakazoid's Avatar
 
Drives: Saturn Redline
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Pittsburgh

Posts: 967
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
I was able to get approved and I was reading throught that site.

It lists a code 5894 which is to get 75,000 points if you spend $500 in 3 months. This seems like a much better deal to me than the 6661 which is 75,000 points if you spend $2,000 in 3 months. Even the 5985 (75K for $1k spent) seems like a better deal. Anyone use those codes?
I probably spent about 30 minutes before signing up scouring the sites. the other codes posted have a MUCH less chance of success. 6661 is the best odds, but I guess it can't hurt to try the others. Hoping to get the card soon to find out
Freakazoid is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2011, 11:56 AM   #43
Seminole
Colonel
 
Seminole's Avatar
 
Drives: Red Flyer
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: 38.8977° N, 77.0366° W

Posts: 2,028
iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2008 E90 328i  [3.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
I probably spent about 30 minutes before signing up scouring the sites. the other codes posted have a MUCH less chance of success. 6661 is the best odds, but I guess it can't hurt to try the others. Hoping to get the card soon to find out
I just tried to call without having the card (some of the sites said it worked) and they told me I had to call back once I had the card.
__________________
Seminole is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-23-2011, 12:14 PM   #44
haig
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Pasadena, CA

Posts: 41
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seminole View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakazoid View Post
I probably spent about 30 minutes before signing up scouring the sites. the other codes posted have a MUCH less chance of success. 6661 is the best odds, but I guess it can't hurt to try the others. Hoping to get the card soon to find out
I just tried to call without having the card (some of the sites said it worked) and they told me I had to call back once I had the card.
Just saved me a phone call
haig is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:25 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST