BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

08-17-2011, 03:22 PM   #45
Echo M3
Major

Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mact3333 View Post
You have to take core into it cause we have to pay for core inflation...nobody is giving you free food or gas correct?...the real inflation rate is twice as high as the govt is saying....why did a recent poll say that 95% of people polled say that they are paying more for food now then they did 1-2 yrs ago...why is my gas still 4.00 a gallon despite oil going down into 80's?...its because it doesnt matter much what crude oil does cause the gas station owners wont lower the gas price unless oil has been crushed for many months cause every nickel adds to their bottomline(I know several gas station owners).

People are paying more for bread and gas than they ever have so how is inflation not high?...esp since our wages havent gone up over the past decade...common sense....dont fall for the govt numbers game.

If you slowly create money and credit, it isnt necessarily bad I will agree, but we have increased our debt by 3T over the past 2-3 yrs!...money supply increase plus added velocity is what is important(true M3)...what epople dont understand is this, when the bond mkt wakes up they wake up with a fury and inflation can increase very rapidly very quickly...like all bubbles inclduing the stock mkt in late 99' and eventually gold, things can go up and DOWN quickly depending on social mood and etc...when things let go they let go hard and fast...it is a vicious cycle.

If the bond vigilantes demand more yield cause our debt keeps going up and up...its a catch 22 situation cause the amount of money to service our debt will increase rapidly as interest rates go up and also in an environment where baby boomers will be using more medicare and SS, the debt and inflation can spiral out of control quickly.
Bolded part is false. That's basic economics man. Retail prices ALWAYS lag market rates for crude oil. Crude only started falling 2 weeks ago. Wait 3-4 months, and then see. I guarantee that gas prices will drop. You can quote me on that.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/08/...in-oil-prices/

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08268/914436-28.stm

Food prices are elevated in part due to historically large droughts. The rest, I can't explain. I don't think it is inflationary, though, or else we'd see the price of EVERYTHING rising. Please explain to me why we are in an inflationary period, if everything from property prices to electronics to clothing is stagnant, falling, or rising SLIGHTLY?

PS - I agree with your core argument (no pun intended, lol). You're absolutely right, that we ARE potentially creating a bubble.

Last edited by Echo M3; 08-17-2011 at 03:30 PM.
Echo M3 is offline   No_Country
      08-17-2011, 03:33 PM   #46
AngelinIsRich08
Banned

Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinIsRich08 View Post
I now know that it'll be Perry vs Obama 2012. That much is certain.
I hope you are right. You know that Obama hopes you are right too. He's dying to run against PArry. That's why Obama was telling everyone to give PArry some slack on PArry's gaff's on his first days campaigning for President.
Haha, Obama's answer was so stupid. What's so bad about what Rick Perry said? That he's telling it like it is with having Obama being commander in chief and not having been a part of the US military and Air forces? Perry is way more qualified because he was a pilot in the military and knows how to run the military a whole lot better than Obama. Obama is scared of Perry because Perry will demolish Obama in any debate and election.
AngelinIsRich08 is offline   United_States
      08-17-2011, 03:58 PM   #47
Echo M3
Major

Quote:
If you don't like the republicans and democrats, why would you vote for the democrats?
Good question. Best answer I can give is that it's like choosing the lesser of two evils. I guess that until now, I have been willing to sacrifice economic freedom for social freedom. And let's face it; before Obama, the last democratic president did a pretty damn good job at both.

The only appealing candidates in the republican party are Ron Paul and Romney, in that order. If neither win, I'd find myself hard pressed to vote republican.
      08-17-2011, 04:06 PM   #48
AngelinIsRich08
Banned

Are any of you familiar with Operation Fast and Furious? I'm not going to start explaining how much of a deadly failure it was and how people should be getting fired and sent to jail. Such a scandal would have destroyed the presidency of anyone but Obama is once again unscathed.
      08-17-2011, 04:07 PM   #49
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
Haha, Obama's answer was so stupid. What's so bad about what Rick Perry said? That he's telling it like it is with having Obama being commander in chief and not having been a part of the US military and Air forces? Perry is way more qualified because he was a pilot in the military and knows how to run the military a whole lot better than Obama. Obama is scared of Perry because Perry will demolish Obama in any debate and election.
Why must you post here? You have a near-perfect record of stating completely untrue, unsubstantiated, or just wrong statements.

First of all, it is idiotic to say that it's "certain" that Rick Perry will be the nominee. There's absolutely no basis for that.

Secondly, Bush and Cheney were NOT part of the armed forces, did that stop them from running the military, or starting wars? You know who's much more knowledgeable than them? John Kerry, and Bob Dole, but both lost to non-military opponents.

Finally, no matter how many times you say it, Obama's not "scared" of any opponent, especially a nobody like Rick Perry. There's absolutely no evidence or commonly accepted notion that Perry is even an OK debater, so again, your propaganda has no merit. And before you repeat this "destroying" Obama thing for the 1000th time, wake-up to the reality that the repub field is extremely weak, with no big names, and nobody who's getting more than about 10% in national polls.

The democrats are united behind Obama, because many still like him, and those who no longer feel so positive about him still blame the repubs in congress for our govt stagnation, so they won't cross over. Meanwhile, independents won't vote for any of these teabagging, religious-nut, right-to-life, govt-dismantling repubs. And the repub voters are pretty much scattered across 5 or 6 candidates. So get used to seeing Obama for a long time to come.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      08-17-2011, 04:11 PM   #50
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
Are any of you familiar with Operation Fast and Furious? I'm not going to start explaining how much of a deadly failure it was and how people should be getting fired and sent to jail. Such a scandal would have destroyed the presidency of anyone but Obama is once again unscathed.
No, none of us are familiar with it, and I'm sure that goes for everyone in the US, including all the repub candidates, or we'd be hearing about it everyday. Once again, you're clueless.
      08-17-2011, 04:22 PM   #51
AngelinIsRich08
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
Quote:
Why must you post here? You have a near-perfect record of stating completely untrue, unsubstantiated, or just wrong statements.

First of all, it is idiotic to say that it's "certain" that Rick Perry will be the nominee. There's absolutely no basis for that.

Secondly, Bush and Cheney were NOT part of the armed forces, did that stop them from running the military, or starting wars? You know who's much more knowledgeable than them? John Kerry, and Bob Dole, but both lost to non-military opponents.

Finally, no matter how many times you say it, Obama's not "scared" of any opponent, especially a nobody like Rick Perry. There's absolutely no evidence or commonly accepted notion that Perry is even an OK debater, so again, your propaganda has no merit. And before you repeat this "destroying" Obama thing for the 1000th time, wake-up to the reality that the repub field is extremely weak, with no big names, and nobody who's getting more than about 10% in national polls.

The democrats are united behind Obama, because many still like him, and those who no longer feel so positive about him still blame the repubs in congress for our govt stagnation, so they won't cross over. Meanwhile, independents won't vote for any of these teabagging, religious-nut, right-to-life, govt-dismantling repubs. And the repub voters are pretty much scattered across 5 or 6 candidates. So get used to seeing Obama for a long time to come.
I'll make sure to quote your naive post on election day 2012. Do you have any recollection of the 2010 elections or were you asleep to the nation and the polls? Polls currently show Republicans as having 48% support and Obama only has 42% support in a general election. During the weekend Obama's approval according to Gallup was 39% and Rasmussen was right next to that. I don't know how you can get Obama reelected with approval below 50%, let alone 39%. Haha, jokes on you!
      08-17-2011, 04:26 PM   #52
mact3333
Captain

Drives: 11' Audi S4

Real estate prices are dropping cause we had a supercycle bull mkt(bubble)
in RE pop 5 yrs ago...it takes 10 yrs usually before mkt turns once a ubble pops.

The prices of Chinese goods are cheap cause we dont have manufactoring in this country anymore...China manipulates the yuan to keep it artificially low so they can sell their products to us cheap(hence Geithner pretends he is mad at China for not strengthening the yuan)...Japan does same thing...Japan govt buying tons of dollars right now to weaken the yen cause it NEEDS to keep selling Sony TV's and Honda's so they dont fall into a depression....that is why the things we DONT need are cheap...when you print money things have to go up in price...the price of gold will tell you whats really happening and it doesnt lie....hence everything we DO need such as gas and food is expensive.

Somewhat true retail lags wholesale for awhile...but I can guarantee you the price gas stations are paying has dropped modestly due to price of oil but they will not translate this into cheaper prices for retail until they are forced to do so, so that was my point...and gas prices dropping in 3-4 months depends on what crude does from now on...if crude prices start to go up again soon I can guarantee you the price of gas will not be down 4 months from now and wont reflect the beating the price of oil has had for past 2-3 wks.

And I think it is silly to think that the price of food going up is due to droughts...the price of food has been trending up for many yrs now...not over a quarter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pman10 View Post
Bolded part is false. That's basic economics man. Retail prices ALWAYS lag market rates for crude oil. Crude only started falling 2 weeks ago. Wait 3-4 months, and then see. I guarantee that gas prices will drop. You can quote me on that.

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/08/...in-oil-prices/

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/08268/914436-28.stm

Food prices are elevated in part due to historically large droughts. The rest, I can't explain. I don't think it is inflationary, though, or else we'd see the price of EVERYTHING rising. Please explain to me why we are in an inflationary period, if everything from property prices to electronics to clothing is stagnant, falling, or rising SLIGHTLY?

PS - I agree with your core argument (no pun intended, lol). You're absolutely right, that we ARE potentially creating a bubble.

Last edited by mact3333; 08-17-2011 at 04:34 PM.
      08-17-2011, 04:40 PM   #53
Echo M3
Major

Quote:
in RE pop 5 yrs ago...it takes 10 yrs usually before mkt turns once a ubble pops.

The prices of Chinese goods are cheap cause we dont have manufactoring in this country anymore...China manipulates the yuan to keep it artificially low so they can sell their products to us cheap(hence Geithner pretends he is mad at China for not strengthening the yuan)...Japan does same thing...Japan govt buying tons of dollars right now to weaken the yen cause it NEEDS to keep selling Sony TV's and Honda's so they dont fall into a depression....that is why the things we DONT need are cheap...when you print money things have to go up in price...the price of gold will tell you whats really happening and it doesnt lie....hence everything we DO need such as gas and food is expensive.

Somewhat true retail lags wholesale for awhile...but I can guarantee you the price gas stations are paying has dropped modestly due to price of oil but they will not translate this into cheaper prices for retail until they are forced to do so, so that was my point...and gas prices dropping in 3-4 months depends on what crude does from now on...if crude prices start to go up again soon I can guarantee you the price of gas will not be down 4 months from now and wont reflect the beating the price of oil has had for past 2-3 wks.

And I think it is silly to think that the price of food going up is due to droughts...the price of food has been trending up for many yrs now...not over a quarter.
I guess time will bear testament as to which of us are right about current inflationary levels.

That being said, you raise some valid counter-points.
      08-17-2011, 05:05 PM   #54
M3Bahn
Lieutenant

Drives: M3

Jim Rogers, Paul Soros and hedge funds are buying up farmland all over the world.

Being Like Soros in Buying Farmland Reaps Annual Gains of 16%

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-0...ual-gains.html

Hedge Farm! The Doomsday Food Price Scenario Turning Hedgies into Survivalists

http://www.observer.com/hedge-funds-...farms-05172011

Jim Rogers Farmers Will Drive Lamborghinis pt 1/2 Mar-09-09
Starts at 5:20

Last edited by M3Bahn; 08-17-2011 at 05:14 PM.
      08-17-2011, 06:07 PM   #55
ghosthi32
Banned

Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Perry demolishing Obama in a debate? Perry is scared of debates! He didn't go to the debate here in Texas when he reran for governor. Perry can't debate worth shit.

Texas economy isn't that great. Most of the jobs that Perry said that he created are all below min. Wage. We are having budget problems here. He used that stimulus money that he said he wouldn't use. We have the most toxic water and one of the most polluted states bc of his big buisness attitude. You honestly have know idea what you are talking about so please stfu.
      08-17-2011, 06:24 PM   #56
11Series

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

Nope, just correcting your error in your post.

Since you couldn't actually counter any bit of my post, then it's clear that my correction stands.

Quote:
Wow, is that the best you got?.......Paul must have some valid points if that is the best argument against him since I know you hate Paul-tard...

BTW, I dont hate Obama, just think he is a coward and puppet...he had his change to offer "change", but he took the easy way out and tried to kick the can down the road just like every other repub and demo.
      08-17-2011, 06:25 PM   #57
mact3333
Captain

First of all, the 3 words I have used are indeed the only words I know hehe....

From Texas huh?...Texas kinda like the homeland I would think...dry heat, lots of oil, blondes up north-dark haired people further south, lots of angry kids, both places celebrate by shooting off AK 47's/shotguns in the air, both places like meat(steak vs kabob), hairy backs and knuckles, veil over face vs scar tissue over face from plastic surgery, every car either a BMW or a POS Pinto.

Did I miss anything?...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
Perry demolishing Obama in a debate? Perry is scared of debates! He didn't go to the debate here in Texas when he reran for governor. Perry can't debate worth shit.

Texas economy isn't that great. Most of the jobs that Perry said that he created are all below min. Wage. We are having budget problems here. He used that stimulus money that he said he wouldn't use. We have the most toxic water and one of the most polluted states bc of his big buisness attitude. You honestly have know idea what you are talking about so please stfu.
      08-17-2011, 06:30 PM   #58
mact3333
Captain

Just out of curiosity, why do you dislike Ron paul so much???...other than religion and abortion issues and crap like that, what other things(actually imp things) bothers you so much about Paul???

Cause in my mind you represent the avg person who loves Bill Maher and embrace demo ways, so I am curious what bothers you so much about what Paul has said about the economy and about civil liberties and foreign affairs.

Not trying to argue with you here(this time hehe) but just curious.

I am not going to reply to your comment about whether Paul has believed in what he preaching now for 10 yrs, 20 yrs or even 50...that is inane and silly and not worth the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
Nope, just correcting your error in your post.

Since you couldn't actually counter any bit of my post, then it's clear that my correction stands.
      08-17-2011, 06:33 PM   #59
11Series

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

Commodities are going up because there is a commodity bubble, triggered directly by the bursting of the Real Estate bubble and the 2008 market crash. Money went straight from Real Estate and stocks into Commodities and gold.

It's funny that you seem to understand the Real Estate bubble (now that it's burst) but cannot recognize the obvious commodity bubble, and mistake the effects of the commodity bubble with actual inflation.

Quote:

08-17-2011, 06:34 PM   #60
ghosthi32
Banned

Drives: Water camel

Quote:
First of all, the 3 words I have used are indeed the only words I know hehe....

From Texas huh?...Texas kinda like the homeland I would think...dry heat, lots of oil, blondes up north-dark haired people further south, lots of angry kids, both places celebrate by shooting off AK 47's/shotguns in the air, both places like meat(steak vs kabob), hairy backs and knuckles, veil over face vs scar tissue over face from plastic surgery, every car either a BMW or a POS Pinto.

Did I miss anything?...

and thats why im moving
      08-17-2011, 06:37 PM   #61
swaite
High School Dropout

Drives: 2008 135i

I woud vote for Ron Paul if voting mattered.

*Dodges thrown brick*
      08-17-2011, 06:58 PM   #62
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Quote:
I'll make sure to quote your naive post on election day 2012. Do you have any recollection of the 2010 elections or were you asleep to the nation and the polls? Polls currently show Republicans as having 48% support and Obama only has 42% support in a general election. During the weekend Obama's approval according to Gallup was 39% and Rasmussen was right next to that. I don't know how you can get Obama reelected with approval below 50%, let alone 39%. Haha, jokes on you!
I have a perfect recollection of a lot more elections than you, so can-it with the naive crap. Do you recall the 2008 election, or were you busy watching a Nickelodeon marathon?

We do have one thing in common, though. I liked Rick Perry at one time, when he was a democrat!
      08-17-2011, 07:19 PM   #63
AngelinIsRich08
Banned

Ronald Reagan used to be a democrat before he turned into a super conservative president.
      08-17-2011, 07:22 PM   #64
AngelinIsRich08
Banned

So the polls mean nothing to you Mr. 11 Facts Series? They're the most accurate representation of how good Obama's policies and chances for reelection are. Right now they're not so good.
      08-17-2011, 07:48 PM   #65
solefald
Nigerian Prince

Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
So the polls mean nothing to you Mr. 11 Facts Series? They're the most accurate representation of how good Obama's policies and chances for reelection are. Right now they're not so good.
Do you really think that polls have any meaning?

Fox News polls will show one thing. MSNBC polls show something else. Gallup shows something completely different. Polls mean nothing.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1004883/posts
      08-17-2011, 07:57 PM   #66
AngelinIsRich08
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
Quote:
Do you really think that polls have any meaning?

Fox News polls will show one thing. MSNBC polls show something else. Gallup shows something completely different. Polls mean nothing.

http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1004883/posts
Look at Rasmussen. Theirs are the most accurate and independent, they were perfectly accurate for 2008 and 2010.