BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
INDustry distribution
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-08-2011, 04:04 PM   #45
bobbyd1961
Banned
 
Drives: 2009 M3 sedan LeMans Blue
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: new jersey

Posts: 2,411
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post


O yeah tough one.

A stock 1M vs a supercharged, modded M3.

Hmmmmm

dealer markup? i read in car and driver the 1M is dead. regular M3 over 1 M all the time unless you cant afford the M3 . 1m too small and i dont like the looks
bobbyd1961 is offline  
0
      08-08-2011, 04:26 PM   #46
e92_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: 2009 e92 m3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bay Area, California

Posts: 1,523
iTrader: (0)

I also read in car and driver besides the 1M, the e90 M3 is also dead...

Damn, that markup is effin crazy. Might as well buy a '12 GTR with that price.
e92_m3 is offline  
0
      08-09-2011, 01:40 AM   #47
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General
 
Mr.Metak2you's Avatar
 
Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Posts: 4,747
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyd1961 View Post
dealer markup? i read in car and driver the 1M is dead. regular M3 over 1 M all the time unless you cant afford the M3 . 1m too small and i dont like the looks
Do realize how much FAIL your post has? So you read in C&D that the 1M is dead? What's your point? Before the 1M even went into production BMW decided it was going to be a limited run. Also, 'regular M3 over 1 M all the time unless you cant afford the M3'? I'm assuming you didn't actually read this part in CD but rather it's your failed logic at work. That's like suggesting M3's are for individuals who can not afford an M6, which one might be able to argue because of the much larger price difference. But you don't stop there. Too small? The interior dimensions are so similar with the M3 and 1M that it's obvious you don't know what you are talking about.

1M and M3 dimensions:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...28&postcount=4

ACTUAL CarANDDriver quote from the 1M comparo in which it came in 1st:

"The BMW 1M is neither a performance poseur nor a cynical styling exercise. It’s the clear winner!"
__________________
Mr.Metak2you is offline  
0
      08-09-2011, 01:47 AM   #48
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,782
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
Do realize how much FAIL your post has? So you read in C&D that the 1M is dead? What's your point? Before the 1M even went into production BMW decided it was going to be a limited run. Also, 'regular M3 over 1 M all the time unless you cant afford the M3'? I'm assuming you didn't actually read this part in CD but rather it's your failed logic at work. That's like suggesting M3's are for individuals who can not afford an M6, which one might be able to argue because of the much larger price difference. But you don't stop there. Too small? The interior dimensions are so similar with the M3 and 1M that it's obvious you don't know what you are talking about.

1M and M3 dimensions:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showp...28&postcount=4

ACTUAL CarANDDriver quote from the 1M comparo in which it came in 1st:

"The BMW 1M is neither a performance poseur nor a cynical styling exercise. It’s the clear winner!"

Look... we understand you have a 1M and love it... and it's great etc etc.

The 1M is a great car for what it was built to do.

It is a great car for 50-55k no question about it.

But it is NOT worth 90k, or in fact, anything over MSRP.
The M3 is the benchmark for BMW M.
Also, I don't personally care what C&D, R&T, etc say.... why? They tend to hype new cars like there's no tomorrow; it helps boost sales of those cars :P

There are better cars one can buy if you increase the price.... Cayman R is one example.
I know the R isn't as comfortable as the 1 nor as daily drivable, but I'm just trying to make a simple point
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
      08-09-2011, 01:59 AM   #49
penny31
Lieutenant
 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: So CAL, L.a

Posts: 572
iTrader: (0)

isnt the m3 currently the slowest M in a straight line... ( ya ya, the m3 isnt supposed to be a straight line car.. but the fact that it loses to the very large x5m and x6m is ridiculous )

x5m can beat the m3... and the 1m beat the m3...

m3 isn't even a benchmark in its own M division



I still love my M3 THOUGH
__________________
e92 m3 Melbourne Red 6 speed

penny31 is offline  
0
      08-09-2011, 02:13 AM   #50
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
 
dlbrooks18's Avatar
 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 3,565
iTrader: (2)

^ Cause Turbo's = boatload of torque
__________________

2008 E90 335
dlbrooks18 is offline  
0
      08-09-2011, 02:24 AM   #51
MRSSIIM3
General
 
MRSSIIM3's Avatar
 
Drives: 2013 e92 M3
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: SoCal

Posts: 1,264
iTrader: (5)

thats at pacific bmw in glendale

i dropped the car off for service there once (best service dept ive dealt with) and i walked around to look at the 1m at the sales dept. they wouldnt even unlock the car to let me sit in it because it was 'special edition'...lolol
__________________
Current: 2015 M4, SSII / SO
Current: 2013 E92 M3, SSII, Black extended, ZCP, fully loaded
Mods: Black Hood Vents, Black Grilles, Black Side Grilles, Lux H8 v. 4.0, CF Mirrors, CF Spoiler, Black ///M Emblem, Evolve Tune, Dinan CF Intake, Dinan Pulley, Akrapovic GT4
Retired: 2011.5 E92 M3, SSII
MRSSIIM3 is offline   United_States
0
      08-09-2011, 03:27 AM   #52
E90///M3`
Major General
 
Drives: 2008 E90M3
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Daly City -4- Work///Camarillo is Home

Posts: 5,278
iTrader: (3)

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [3.80]
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
I wouldn't buy the car even if they sold it to me for $55k OTD

If I was going to spending $55k right now, I'd look for a used GTR, or better yet an Ariel Atom



Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
Do realize how much FAIL your post has? So you read in C&D that the 1M is dead? What's your point? Before the 1M even went into production BMW decided it was going to be a limited run. Also, 'regular M3 over 1 M all the time unless you cant afford the M3'? I'm assuming you didn't actually read this part in CD but rather it's your failed logic at work. That's like suggesting M3's are for individuals who can not afford an M6, which one might be able to argue because of the much larger price difference. But you don't stop there. Too small? The interior dimensions are so similar with the M3 and 1M that it's obvious you don't know what you are talking about.
personally i like the 1M... but i also like my M3.
__________________
- Jason P
:Have: 08 E90M3, Varis VRS Front Lip, LS3, ESS Supercharger, Arqray Exhaust, Neez Wheels
:Want: VRS Carbon GT Wing & Cooling Bonnet, LCI Taillights
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
E90///M3` is offline   Philippines
0
      08-09-2011, 09:35 AM   #53
ChrisK
Brigadier General
 
ChrisK's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,856
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny31 View Post
isnt the m3 currently the slowest M in a straight line... ( ya ya, the m3 isnt supposed to be a straight line car.. but the fact that it loses to the very large x5m and x6m is ridiculous )

x5m can beat the m3... and the 1m beat the m3...

m3 isn't even a benchmark in its own M division



I still love my M3 THOUGH

Aren't these the current numbers?

M3 - 0-60 - 3.9-4.3
X5M - 0-60 - 4.0
X6M - 0-60 - 4.3
1M - 0-60 - 4.5
__________________

2011 E92 M3: AW/BLK • DCT
Europäische Lieferung am 6. August 2010
ChrisK is offline   United_States
0
      08-09-2011, 08:04 PM   #54
penny31
Lieutenant
 
Drives: e92 m3
Join Date: May 2007
Location: So CAL, L.a

Posts: 572
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
Aren't these the current numbers?

M3 - 0-60 - 3.9-4.3
X5M - 0-60 - 4.0
X6M - 0-60 - 4.3
1M - 0-60 - 4.5
there was a race against the 1m and the m3.. the 1m

and i doubt the m3 does 0-60 in 3.9... i'd say its about 4.5 as well
__________________
e92 m3 Melbourne Red 6 speed

penny31 is offline  
0
      08-09-2011, 10:46 PM   #55
S.hasan546
Captain
 
Drives: 1M, Exige, S2k, C250, Pilot
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island

Posts: 678
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Look... we understand you have a 1M and love it... and it's great etc etc.

The 1M is a great car for what it was built to do.

It is a great car for 50-55k no question about it.

But it is NOT worth 90k, or in fact, anything over MSRP.
The M3 is the benchmark for BMW M.
Also, I don't personally care what C&D, R&T, etc say.... why? They tend to hype new cars like there's no tomorrow; it helps boost sales of those cars :P

There are better cars one can buy if you increase the price.... Cayman R is one example.
I know the R isn't as comfortable as the 1 nor as daily drivable, but I'm just trying to make a simple point
It isn't worth $90k. This is an example of ONE retarded dealership with insane markups. They always do this. Everyone is selling their cars near msrp.

The M3 is no benchmark anymore. It's become a gt cruiser like the m5/m6 except cheaper.

So everyone loved the 1M and your just calling it hype? Wow talk about denial.

The 1M beats the M3 in every category for me except maybe looks. But than again the 1M is just the newest M car, it should be as fast as it is. The next m3 will smoke the 1M most likely, even though it'll weigh 4000 lbs.

Also why compare it to a Cayman R? Would you compare the cayman r to an m3? They are totally different cars. Also the 1M is faster than the Cayman R for less $$, arguably better handling, more livable DD, and more space. Also if you increase the price you can get an even better car than the m3. But whats the point in comparing $100k cars to a $60k car? Do you compare your m3 to a 911?
S.hasan546 is offline  
0
      08-09-2011, 11:18 PM   #56
mike33176
Lieutenant
 
Drives: 09 Jerez/ Black, E90 M3
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Miami

Posts: 432
iTrader: (1)

Send a message via ICQ to mike33176
M3 beaten by a 1M and an X5M, I beg to differ from experience!!!

I've raced 2 1M's and an X5M and I beat them both very decisively. The 1m's were looking at my back bumper both times( raced a white one -2 times and the orange one -3 times). They all saw my tail lights. The X5M was coming back but, still beat it by 2.5 lengths in the 1/4. So, what are you talking about?

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny31 View Post
isnt the m3 currently the slowest M in a straight line... ( ya ya, the m3 isnt supposed to be a straight line car.. but the fact that it loses to the very large x5m and x6m is ridiculous )

x5m can beat the m3... and the 1m beat the m3...

m3 isn't even a benchmark in its own M division



I still love my M3 THOUGH

Last edited by mike33176; 08-10-2011 at 12:48 PM.
mike33176 is offline   United_States
0
      08-10-2011, 12:59 AM   #57
Mr.Metak2you
Brigadier General
 
Mr.Metak2you's Avatar
 
Drives: LEXUS LS(DailyDriver)
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Astral Projecting: ∞ 23.516 -122 02.625 0242.101 ĕv'rē-hwâr'

Posts: 4,747
iTrader: (15)

Garage List
Story Sounds Real Scientific

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike33176 View Post
I've raced 2 1M's and an X5M and I beat them both very decisively. The 1m's were looking at my back bumper both times( raced a white one -2 times and the orange one -3 times). They all saw my tail lights. The X5M was coming back but, still beat it my 2.5 lengths in the 1/4. So, what are you talking about?
"Wake up Mike, wake up...you're gonna be late for school..."
__________________
Mr.Metak2you is offline  
0
      08-10-2011, 07:23 AM   #58
ChrisK
Brigadier General
 
ChrisK's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: IL

Posts: 4,856
iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by penny31 View Post
there was a race against the 1m and the m3.. the 1m

and i doubt the m3 does 0-60 in 3.9... i'd say its about 4.5 as well
I'm just giving you the info from the Auto Mags. I personally don't car about 0-60. A Honda Civic Si with a turbo would beat my M3.
__________________

2011 E92 M3: AW/BLK • DCT
Europäische Lieferung am 6. August 2010
ChrisK is offline   United_States
0
      08-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #59
Skiptomylou37
Private First Class
 
Drives: 2008 e92 335xi
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Posts: 196
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
Aren't these the current numbers?

M3 - 0-60 - 3.9-4.3
X5M - 0-60 - 4.0
X6M - 0-60 - 4.3
1M - 0-60 - 4.5
I love how people act like the M3 is SOOOOO much slower then a lot of cars just because it does 0-60 or the 1/4th a couple split seconds slower. Wake up and smell the exhaust fumes people! Unless you make a living by going to the strip on the weekend and racing people, the M3 is more than enough car for 99.9% of the people out there. I can also tell you that my 2011 DCT M3 would beat a 1m consistently. Just like a modded 335i, the 1m might be quicker off the line but come 80+ mph the M3 will take it everytime. Perfect example is the M3 running the Nurburing 11 seconds faster than the 1m. The M3 also looks like Kim Kardashian while the 1m resembles Khloe. Not a hard choice.
Skiptomylou37 is offline   United_States
0
      08-10-2011, 12:02 PM   #60
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,782
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.hasan546 View Post
It isn't worth $90k. This is an example of ONE retarded dealership with insane markups. They always do this. Everyone is selling their cars near msrp.

The M3 is no benchmark anymore. It's become a gt cruiser like the m5/m6 except cheaper.

So everyone loved the 1M and your just calling it hype? Wow talk about denial.

The 1M beats the M3 in every category for me except maybe looks. But than again the 1M is just the newest M car, it should be as fast as it is. The next m3 will smoke the 1M most likely, even though it'll weigh 4000 lbs.

Also why compare it to a Cayman R? Would you compare the cayman r to an m3? They are totally different cars. Also the 1M is faster than the Cayman R for less $$, arguably better handling, more livable DD, and more space. Also if you increase the price you can get an even better car than the m3. But whats the point in comparing $100k cars to a $60k car? Do you compare your m3 to a 911?
Calling it Denial? I honestly don't care if someone buys a 1M for 30k, 50k, 90k, whatever amount.
I don't care if someone buys a 1M in place of a M3.
I don't care if someone buys a 1M in place of a GTR. etc etc, i can go on all day
It's their money, it's their choice to do what they want for it.

I don't compare my M3 to a 911, but have you not seen the million threads about it? About a 911 vs a M3, which is better, which should I get, blah blah blah?
There are TONS and TONS of posts about 911 vs M3, but I guess you haven't seen them...

The 1M is is suppose to be "raw" hence why I compared it to a Cayman, which is suppose to be raw.
Both are 2 seaters (you're lying to yourself if you think a full sized adult can fit in the rear seats of a 1M or a 135...though I do think the GTR is worse back there)

I'm calling it hype because people (i.e. magazines) always hype up new cars.
Want to name a new car that wasn't hyped up a lot?
What about the new Mustang GT?
Arguably faster than the M3 on a track for a fraction of the cost.
Now, would you go and buy a Mustang? You may, and it's your money, so great for you, but I personally wouldn't. I haven't driven the new ones, but they're still not that appealing to me (looks wise especially).
See the point I'm trying to make?
If not, let me know and I'll try to explain it better.

Alsoooo I wasn't comparing a M3 at 60k to a 100k, i was comparing a 90k M3 to a 90k 1M.
How did I get 90K for the M3? Read the title.

M3 is no benchmark? Then I guess all those awards and recognition etc that keeps getting posted on this forum is all BS and hype and blah blah blah huh?

You misunderstood me, or you didn't read all the posts (I hate it when people commont on a thread without reading the previous posts).
I like the 1M, the 1M is a Great car.
However, IMO, It's not as great as the M3, nor is it worth anything over MSRP. I don't care if the dealership is stupid or not, but that is what they listed it as and I found it FUNNY.
This thread was humorous until the fanbois came in...



Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisK View Post
I'm just giving you the info from the Auto Mags. I personally don't car about 0-60. A Honda Civic Si with a turbo would beat my M3.
+1
I agree completely.

I can't even remember the last time I went WOT on the street on the M3....
Actually, I haven't even driven my M3 in 2 weeks, been driving the Z4 (as I AGREEEEEE that the N54 is a great engine, lots of low end torque for going around town, and smaller car so easier to fit into places and park. As a DD, the Z4 w/ N54 is much better IMO than the M3 S65)


Quote:
Originally Posted by ///Metak View Post
"Wake up Mike, wake up...you're gonna be late for school..."
The 1M driver may have easily mis-shifted.
It happens :/

I beat a Porsche 911 Turbo! But I don't think he was flooring it
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:37 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST