BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
Post Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-31-2011, 04:52 AM   #23
Toker335i's Avatar

Drives: 335i/Sold--10" GTR
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Socal

iTrader: (2)

Originally Posted by SomeRandomer123 View Post
The C63 is stupid and overpowered. Thats why I love it and why it sells!! The C63 Black will be a monster with mustard up its arse thats on fire and has several rockets strapped to it and feeds upon the tobasco soaked flesh of young children. On fire. With Napalm under the bonnet. Or "hood" if your American at home

OP go for it,
i might pick up a 12" C63 myself..
10' Solid Red GTR

08' 335i 6MT - Sold
92' NA 300ZX 5speed - Sold
06 IS350 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 05:39 PM   #24
Bruce AaLee
Bruce AaLee's Avatar

Drives: 2016 M3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Originally Posted by SomeRandomer123 View Post
Although I know the M3 is a better car in numerous aspects, I would walk past it in a heartbeat for the C63 AMG. The noise the AMG makes could erupt Yellowstone and is simply unrivaled! I just love the oversteery, sideways lunacy the AMG offers and the straight line speed will leave the dignified M3 in a cloud of smoke!
I even hate the C-Class and love the 3 Series to bits! The C63 AMG is that good.
- agreed on the C63 description. I'm happy with the M3 85% of the time, the other 15% I miss the tire shredding torque and smokey sideways abilities of the C63.

I read somewhere that the new C63 is not going to get the 5.5 turbo engine but will keep the 6.2. I have spent considerable time behind the wheel of both the C63 and the M3 and they are nothing alike.

The C63 reminds me of driving a Corvette Z06 in terms of power and torque. Its a ton of fun even with the automatic. In my opinion for day to day aggressive driving I find the C63 more fun. For true sport/enthusiast driving the M3 in my opinion is much more refined, brake and handles better, and is still fast. If you are planning on tracking it then M3 all the way. Otherwise spend some time behind the wheel of both.
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 07:23 PM   #25
New Member

Drives: It's Cool
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: USA

iTrader: (0)

I'm in the same situation (new c63 or m3) but the m3 handles better so Im just gonna tune the m3 with aftermarket parts like superchargers and what not like a supercharger from activeautowerks so it can match a c63 in power
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 09:44 PM   #26
SIIK2NR's Avatar
South Korea

Drives: AW E92 M3
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: San Dog

iTrader: (0)

Current: 2006 Lotus Elise SC
2008 AW E92 M3 6MT - Sold
2004 AP2 S2000 - Sold
Appreciate 0
      08-09-2011, 11:38 PM   #27
stefan's Avatar

Drives: M2 LCI
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Calgary

iTrader: (2)

Garage List
2018 BMW M2  [5.00]
2016 BMW X1  [0.00]
I guess if you're more into extremely expensive drag racing, go for the C63. Arguably too much power for that platform for spirited switchbacks (LOL at that video "oh shit! not good!" as he almost loses it), autox, or even regular track days.

But it seems everyone around here wants more power. To each their own! Me, I like the balance of the M3 (each generation), seems to have the right amount of power. Anyway enjoy your merc.
///M Power
Appreciate 0
      08-10-2011, 01:29 AM   #28
Been There, Done That.
-=Hot|Ice=-'s Avatar

Drives: 2013 BMW M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Maryland

iTrader: (0)

Can't go wrong with either. I've been doing some thinking and the interior on the C63 annoys me to holy hell. Another thing that annoys me is the fact that you have to pay Sirrious for live traffic. The M3 gets it for free using FM signals. It's great to have all that torque available.AMG has come a long way and the new coupe will probably best the M3 in every which way. Quality has certainly gone up. If Merc had cleaned up the dash a bit more, I think I would of jumped on one in a heartbeat.

P.S. I LOVE what they've done with the AMG Coupe. It has grown on me.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:30 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.,,,,,,,,, logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST