BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > SPONSORS Classifieds/Groupbuys/Specials Area > Wheels | Tires | Spacers
 
Racewerkz Engineering
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-09-2011, 10:04 PM   #177
dnvrdrvr
Captain
 
dnvrdrvr's Avatar
 
Drives: JB E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Denver, CO

Posts: 764
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GewoW View Post
You must be running ridiculous camber, yes? 10 et 10 is going to stick out like an inch on stock setup
-2.6 up front, -1.97 in the rear. Not too bad, but more than you can get by just 'pulling the pins'.
__________________

Just a girl and her 420 ponies...
www.mw3motorsports.com
dnvrdrvr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2011, 10:08 PM   #178
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: bac mono
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: racetrack

Posts: 1,643
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrdrvr View Post
-2.6 up front, -1.97 in the rear. Not too bad, but more than you can get by just 'pulling the pins'.
What camber plates are you using? I'm looking for a good one.
quads is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2011, 10:10 PM   #179
dnvrdrvr
Captain
 
dnvrdrvr's Avatar
 
Drives: JB E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Denver, CO

Posts: 764
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM3 View Post
One last question (I promise)... given that these wheels are supposed to be direct fitment, any particular reason you chose to run spacers?
Sorry for the slow response - I've retired the E90 from track duty and have been focused on fine-tuning my E36 for the track. Anyhow.

I had the spacers sitting in a drawer after a failed attempt (rubbing) to run them on my street setup with RE-11s (255/285). I thought I'd try it and it worked great. I was actually thinking of bumping the camber up half a degree or so, but I figure the spacers did that for me. Tire wear has been great.

They're certainly not required with this setup though.
__________________

Just a girl and her 420 ponies...
www.mw3motorsports.com
dnvrdrvr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2011, 10:11 PM   #180
dnvrdrvr
Captain
 
dnvrdrvr's Avatar
 
Drives: JB E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Denver, CO

Posts: 764
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sevens.com View Post
What camber plates are you using? I'm looking for a good one.
Ground Control. Love them. I have the conversion kit for EDC and it's been great.
__________________

Just a girl and her 420 ponies...
www.mw3motorsports.com
dnvrdrvr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-09-2011, 10:36 PM   #181
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
 
GewoW's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Montreal, Canada

Posts: 3,834
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [4.67]
Send a message via Skype™ to GewoW
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrdrvr View Post
-2.6 up front, -1.97 in the rear. Not too bad, but more than you can get by just 'pulling the pins'.
haha yeah only 2.6

i'm on stock springs but am thinking camber plates...does GC make a kit for stock springs + EDC?
__________________
GewoW is offline   Greece
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 10:02 AM   #182
dnvrdrvr
Captain
 
dnvrdrvr's Avatar
 
Drives: JB E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Denver, CO

Posts: 764
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GewoW View Post
haha yeah only 2.6

i'm on stock springs but am thinking camber plates...does GC make a kit for stock springs + EDC?
Not certain, but I don't think so. The kit comes with Eibach springs and they're a lot shorter than stock. Best way to find out would be to call Ground Control and ask for Jay.
__________________

Just a girl and her 420 ponies...
www.mw3motorsports.com
dnvrdrvr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 01:03 PM   #183
Eddy@ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Dealership

 
Drives: E30 M3, 2011 335d
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,602
iTrader: (5)

Yes, GC makes camber plates that work with the stock springs and EDC.
Eddy@ApexRaceParts is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 01:37 PM   #184
dnvrdrvr
Captain
 
dnvrdrvr's Avatar
 
Drives: JB E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Denver, CO

Posts: 764
iTrader: (3)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintpro21 View Post
Yes, GC makes camber plates that work with the stock springs and EDC.
I stand corrected. Good to know!

...

Now, back On Topic! These wheels are awesome!
__________________

Just a girl and her 420 ponies...
www.mw3motorsports.com
dnvrdrvr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 01:59 PM   #185
Eddy@ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Dealership

 
Drives: E30 M3, 2011 335d
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,602
iTrader: (5)

We uploaded some member photos from this thread and a few others onto our blog into an E9X M3 specific gallery.

http://www.myapexparts.com/bmw-e909293-m3/

If for any reason you would like your photo taken down please let us know. We're just trying to keep a database so users don't have to search through all the different forum threads.
Eddy@ApexRaceParts is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 04:26 PM   #186
1Sleeper
First Lieutenant
 
1Sleeper's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3, 997tt, Jeep
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Where I need to be

Posts: 384
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintpro21 View Post
We uploaded some member photos from this thread and a few others onto our blog into an E9X M3 specific gallery.

http://www.myapexparts.com/bmw-e909293-m3/

If for any reason you would like your photo taken down please let us know. We're just trying to keep a database so users don't have to search through all the different forum threads.
. Mounting them as I type. Very nice wheels Eddy. Thanks again and I'll add some pics. The 275/295 set up worked very nicely.
1Sleeper is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 04:56 PM   #187
akina335
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: a car
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CA

Posts: 263
iTrader: (2)

Thanks! So does this mean they have a chamfered center bore like factory wheels? I only ask because I plan to run maybe a 10-12mm spacer which has a chamfered hub extension on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintpro21 View Post
They are spec'ed just like the factory wheels. No rings, no spacers, uses OEM lugs, accepts OEM center caps.
__________________
akina335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-10-2011, 10:40 PM   #188
akina335
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: a car
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CA

Posts: 263
iTrader: (2)

Forgot to ask since I couldn't find any info on it. Are there any visual differences in concavity between the 18x9.5 et22 vs 18x10 et 25...might as well throw in 18x10.5 et 27 in the mix. Thanks!
__________________
akina335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2011, 05:18 PM   #189
Eddy@ApexRaceParts
BimmerPost Supporting Dealership

 
Drives: E30 M3, 2011 335d
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 1,602
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by akina335 View Post
Thanks! So does this mean they have a chamfered center bore like factory wheels? I only ask because I plan to run maybe a 10-12mm spacer which has a chamfered hub extension on it.
Yes, all our wheels have a chamfered center bore



Quote:
Originally Posted by akina335 View Post
Forgot to ask since I couldn't find any info on it. Are there any visual differences in concavity between the 18x9.5 et22 vs 18x10 et 25...might as well throw in 18x10.5 et 27 in the mix. Thanks!
The 9.5", 10" and 10.5" have the same concavity. The barrel gets wider, and the center section gets pushed in deeper to change the offset.

Last edited by Eddy@ApexRaceParts; 08-11-2011 at 05:24 PM. Reason: provided better photo
Eddy@ApexRaceParts is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2011, 08:37 PM   #190
1Sleeper
First Lieutenant
 
1Sleeper's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3, 997tt, Jeep
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Where I need to be

Posts: 384
iTrader: (1)

Its hard to capture how concave they are in person. More than I thought they would be. 10x18f 10x10.5r 275/35/18-295/35/18. No rubbing anywhere any time. iPhone's really don't take the best pictures...or I dont.
1Sleeper is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2011, 08:43 PM   #191
persian54
Lieutenant General
 
persian54's Avatar
 
Drives: SL550. Prev: E93 M3/335i/Z435i
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Valley, SoCal

Posts: 15,775
iTrader: (291)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Sleeper View Post
Its hard to capture how concave they are in person. More than I thought they would be. 10x18f 10x10.5r 275/35/18-295/35/18. No rubbing anywhere any time. iPhone's really don't take the best pictures...or I dont.
Nice

What kind of tires again? Bridgestone?
persian54 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2011, 08:49 PM   #192
1Sleeper
First Lieutenant
 
1Sleeper's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3, 997tt, Jeep
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Where I need to be

Posts: 384
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Nice

What kind of tires again? Bridgestone?
RE760.
1Sleeper is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2011, 08:53 PM   #193
quads
Lieutenant Colonel
 
Drives: bac mono
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: racetrack

Posts: 1,643
iTrader: (3)

Some of my fav angles











quads is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2011, 08:59 PM   #194
1Sleeper
First Lieutenant
 
1Sleeper's Avatar
 
Drives: E90 M3, 997tt, Jeep
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Where I need to be

Posts: 384
iTrader: (1)

Ok now my pictures are just embarrassing. Action shots. Very nice.
1Sleeper is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-11-2011, 11:07 PM   #195
akina335
Second Lieutenant
 
Drives: a car
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: CA

Posts: 263
iTrader: (2)

okay. i was set on getting satin black but now thanks to 4sevens.com, i'm on the fence between anthracite and black!

are there any pics of anthracite on AW? they kinda look similar to OEM 18's. is this a fair assumption.

paintpro21: thanks so much for the responses, helps a lot!
__________________
akina335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-12-2011, 09:24 AM   #196
Alekshop
 
Alekshop's Avatar
 
Drives: E30 M3 l E92 M3 l F82 M4
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bay Area

Posts: 2,290
iTrader: (8)

Send a message via Skype™ to Alekshop
Quote:
Originally Posted by akina335 View Post
okay. i was set on getting satin black but now thanks to 4sevens.com, i'm on the fence between anthracite and black!

are there any pics of anthracite on AW? they kinda look similar to OEM 18's. is this a fair assumption.

paintpro21: thanks so much for the responses, helps a lot!
anthracite on white looks very good !
Alekshop is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2011, 11:45 AM   #197
gobrigavitch
Private First Class
 
Drives: '09 E90 M3 JZB
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Prince Albert, SK

Posts: 198
iTrader: (0)

I just bought a used E90 M3 this spring. It has the 18" gunmetal wheels on which have some road rash on all 4. I also am needing some winter wheels so I think I'll use these for my winter wheels and get some Apex ARC's next spring for my summer wheels.

I've read most of this thread and see that many are going with 275/35-18 square setup. I mostly use the car as a DD, but have done 1 auto-x this year and hope to do 5 or so next year. I may do 1 track day/ year if I can find a way to get to a track. I like the idea of being able to rotate the tires front to back, but it's not that important to me. With my usage patterns in mind would a square setup work well for me on the 18x10 inch wheels? What are the downsides to going with a 30mm wider front tire for street driving?

If I do decide to go with the 18x10 wheels what color looks best on JZB. I have seen the satin black on black picture somewhere and that looks good, but I'm not sure if I want the all black look or not. Does anyone have some pictures of the Anthracite and Hyper Black on a Black car?
gobrigavitch is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      08-26-2011, 12:01 PM   #198
dcstep
Brigadier General
 
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado

Posts: 4,843
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 M3  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobrigavitch View Post
I just bought a used E90 M3 this spring. It has the 18" gunmetal wheels on which have some road rash on all 4. I also am needing some winter wheels so I think I'll use these for my winter wheels and get some Apex ARC's next spring for my summer wheels.

I've read most of this thread and see that many are going with 275/35-18 square setup. I mostly use the car as a DD, but have done 1 auto-x this year and hope to do 5 or so next year. I may do 1 track day/ year if I can find a way to get to a track. I like the idea of being able to rotate the tires front to back, but it's not that important to me. With my usage patterns in mind would a square setup work well for me on the 18x10 inch wheels? What are the downsides to going with a 30mm wider front tire for street driving?
...
Your usage is similar to mine, summer DD and a few AX per year. I find absolutely NO downside to the square setup. The ride is good (on Dunlops Direzzas) and quiet and the grip is great. I haven't rotated yet, but I'll do that next spring when the winter tires come off. BTW, I use the same winters as you propose.

Dave
__________________
dcstep is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
18x10, 18x10.5, apex, arc-8, wheel

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:57 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST