BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Steve Thomas BMW
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      08-08-2011, 02:22 PM   #1
kyleb350
Brigadier General
 
kyleb350's Avatar
 
Drives: F30 335i M-Sport
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: LoMbard, IL

Posts: 4,181
iTrader: (6)

e92 CRT?

I remember reading about the e90 CRT and Scott eluding to an end-of-production edition of the e92 that makes further use of lightweight materials. Anyone know of anything in the works, or is the GTS the end of the road?


/Edit/
Here is the post in question
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...&postcount=302

Last edited by kyleb350; 08-08-2011 at 02:31 PM.
kyleb350 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2011, 02:23 PM   #2
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...
 
Sean05's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 MR E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Brea CA.

Posts: 5,331
iTrader: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
its the GTS... CRT will not be released on a e92 body M3
__________________
Sean05 is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2011, 02:29 PM   #3
DOUT
Captain
 
DOUT's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 778
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
its the GTS... CRT will not be released on a e92 body M3
Nope, there will be a special edition e92 M3 for the 2012 model year.
Its gonna be pretty cool, you'll see info about it sooner or later.
__________________
2013 E92 M3 6MT ZCP Space Grey/Fox Red
DOUT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #4
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...
 
Sean05's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 MR E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Brea CA.

Posts: 5,331
iTrader: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUT View Post
Nope, there will be a special edition e92 M3 for the 2012 model year.
Its gonna be pretty cool, you'll see info about it sooner or later.
that im curious... with all the talk and rumor... ill believe it when i see it... if so most likely it will be CRT... cause not changing the ENGINE displacement will just be like the regular M3 to me...
__________________
Sean05 is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2011, 03:42 PM   #5
DOUT
Captain
 
DOUT's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 778
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
that im curious... with all the talk and rumor... ill believe it when i see it... if so most likely it will be CRT... cause not changing the ENGINE displacement will just be like the regular M3 to me...
As of now, there are no plans on changing the engine displacement for any US model due to federal regulations and the cost of homologating the new engine. (especially for a limited production car that will barely last a full model year)
__________________
2013 E92 M3 6MT ZCP Space Grey/Fox Red
DOUT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2011, 03:48 PM   #6
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...
 
Sean05's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 MR E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Brea CA.

Posts: 5,331
iTrader: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUT View Post
As of now, there are no plans on changing the engine displacement for any US model due to federal regulations and the cost of homologating the new engine. (especially for a limited production car that will barely last a full model year)
then sounds like its not worth it plus WTH its only going to be in EUROPE anyways... LOL...
__________________
Sean05 is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      08-08-2011, 08:52 PM   #7
DOUT
Captain
 
DOUT's Avatar
 
Drives: M3
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 778
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
then sounds like its not worth it plus WTH its only going to be in EUROPE anyways... LOL...
Yeah it sucks we get no true love in America with the engines, at least we will have some other special bits.
__________________
2013 E92 M3 6MT ZCP Space Grey/Fox Red
DOUT is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:56 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST