BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Politics/Religion

BPM Sport
Closed Thread

08-07-2011, 08:10 PM   #45
uberschnell
Brigadier General

Drives: // 135i //, X5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinIsRich08 View Post
The democratic party has always been about big businesses trumping small businesses.
Just how much kool-aid have you been drinking?
uberschnell is offline   No_Country
      08-07-2011, 09:05 PM   #46
AngelinIsRich08
Banned

Drives: '11 X5M, '09 CTS

I've had liberal professors and teachers in high school and college tell me this. This republicans are more about small business and the democrats are more pro-big business.
AngelinIsRich08 is offline   United_States
      08-07-2011, 09:50 PM   #47
txz4
Major

Drives: 2006 M coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinIsRich08 View Post
I've had liberal professors and teachers in high school and college tell me this. This republicans are more about small business and the democrats are more pro-big business.
100% correct. If anyone doesn't believe this, ask a small business owner...
      08-08-2011, 04:35 AM   #48
OldArmy
Lieutenant

Drives: 2007 Z4 3.0si

I don't think GE would be doing quite so well were they not sweethearts with this administration. Visit with your bud at the white house, pay no taxes, ship jobs overseas--nice formula.
OldArmy is offline   United_States
      08-08-2011, 11:59 AM   #49
solefald
Nigerian Prince

Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldArmy View Post
I don't think GE would be doing quite so well were they not sweethearts with this administration. Visit with your bud at the white house, pay no taxes, ship jobs overseas--nice formula.
GE's CEO, Jeffrey R. Immelt, is a life-long Republican, so your argument is rather invalid.
      08-08-2011, 12:24 PM   #50
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?

Drives: Bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by solefald View Post
GE's CEO, Jeffrey R. Immelt, is a life-long Republican, so your argument is rather invalid.
Yep... officially went full retard.

http://frontpagemag.com/2010/04/15/ges-big-brother/

You didn't even try this time. You just looked up the CEO's political affiliation and closed the book on the idea that the company he works for could possibly get sweet heart deals from the administration. I never get into these threads due to the amount of bias.

Seriously, you need to go take a time out.

Immelt is a Republican. That doesn't mean it isn't his job to look out for the best interests of his company? In this case, cozying up with the current administration.

"It is better to be hated for what you are than loved for what you are not."
-André Gide
      08-08-2011, 12:40 PM   #51
solefald
Nigerian Prince

Drives: '11 F25

Garage List
'11 BMW F25  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCGP View Post
Yep... officially went full retard.

http://frontpagemag.com/2010/04/15/ges-big-brother/

You didn't even try this time. You just looked up the CEO's political affiliation and closed the book on the idea that the company he works for could possibly get sweet heart deals from the administration. I never get into these threads due to the amount of bias.

Seriously, you need to go take a time out.

Immelt is a Republican. That doesn't mean it isn't his job to look out for the best interests of his company? In this case, cozying up with the current administration.
As I said earlier, I am not affiliated with any political party and i can not vote. I am an outside observer with no bias. My reply was strictly to the "visit your bud in the white house"

It is a well known fact any CEO of any large company would always try to get in with whatever the current administration is, no matter what party it is.

As far as this article... Every administration is tied to alot of big business. Its the same elite circles, and given the amount of corruption in US political system it is no wonder that all of them are buddy-buddy with each other.

If you are trying to tell me that Obama administration is the only corrupt administration, you must have been blind before 2008. What about Bush administration ties to Halliburton? They are a pretty damn large military contractor that profit handsomely from the 2 wars the US is in right now.
http://www.wsws.org/articles/2004/oc...hall-o30.shtml

I do not have any illusions about nether Democrats or Republicans, but I do have a problem with the amount of filth and hatred that Republicans and the Tea Party breed.

Last edited by solefald; 08-08-2011 at 12:48 PM.
solefald is offline   Vatican City State
      08-08-2011, 01:01 PM   #52
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?

Not a single part of what I said accused the current administration of being the first or only corruptible administration. What I did say, just to clarify, is that you defended the current administrations ties with GE by pointing out the political affiliation of the current CEO. You finished up your basic retort by saying, "...so your argument is rather invalid". When in actuality, your argument is rather invalid.

"...but I do have a problem with the amount of filth and hatred that Republicans and the Tea Party breed."

^^^ They are the result of an extreme shift in the opposite direction of our political system in America. Do you remember the filth and hatred that Dems had (and still have) for the previous administration? It is all bullshit. However, now these assholes are starting to effect my bottom line and it's starting to piss me off. That goes for both sides.

All party lines aside, has anyone here ever seen an administration and associated party continue to blame a previous administration this deep into their term?

-André Gide
      08-08-2011, 04:33 PM   #53
Negotiator
Lieutenant

Drives: 07 GTI

GE didn't pay taxes because they didn't owe any. They wrote off the losses from the previous year. I still think it's bullshit, but them not paying taxes has nothing to do with this administration.
      08-08-2011, 04:49 PM   #54
Bird_Dr

Drives: 2011 LeMans 335i

Quote:

All party lines aside, has anyone here ever seen an administration and associated party continue to blame a previous administration this deep into their term?
I saw this somewhere else, Google "Obama blames." For those who don't do it: About 10,000,000 results (0.08 seconds)

But seriously, he is three years into it, time to own it. "It was worse than we thought" is not a valid argument. Besides, all we heard for eight years was everything Bush does is wrong and all we need to do is get rid of him. Well, he is gone.
Bird_Dr is offline   Italy
      08-08-2011, 05:18 PM   #55
E90SoFlo
Banned

Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird_Dr View Post
I saw this somewhere else, Google "Obama blames." For those who don't do it: About 10,000,000 results (0.08 seconds)

But seriously, he is three years into it, time to own it. "It was worse than we thought" is not a valid argument. Besides, all we heard for eight years was everything Bush does is wrong and all we need to do is get rid of him. Well, he is gone.
Not trying to be "racist" but 95% of poverty stricken African American's like to blame there problems on someone else.
      08-08-2011, 05:32 PM   #56
11Series

Drives: BMW turned up to 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90SoFlo View Post
Not trying to be "racist" but 95% of poverty stricken African American's like to blame there problems on someone else.

You might not have been trying, but you succeeded.
      08-08-2011, 05:43 PM   #57
11Series

Quote:

How about the GOP and the right wing trying to blame the 2008 market crash and credit crunch on Clinton?

That would be 8 years into the Bush term, just in case anyone was counting.
      08-08-2011, 05:52 PM   #58
11Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird_Dr View Post
Google "Obama blames." For those who don't do it:

About 10,000,000 results (0.08 seconds)

Fun Game!

Google "Tea Party Stupid". For those who don't do it:

About 13,000,000 results (0.08 seconds)
      08-08-2011, 06:13 PM   #59
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11Series View Post
How about the GOP and the right wing trying to blame the 2008 market crash and credit crunch on Clinton?

That would be 8 years into the Bush term, just in case anyone was counting.
I don't need to explain the reasons some choose to point fingers at that administration for what happened during the last financial crisis. If you don't know why you need to look it up. Just to educate yourself. Whether you agree with it or not. But that is water under the bridge. Anyone who points the blame in their direction is stupid and should be ignored for their stupidity. It was the result of greedy people, not the Clinton administration. It's not the paper or pen company's fault for creating what was used to cheat on a test.

GOP = the right wing ... So saying "the GOP and the right wing" is simply redundant.

You are extremely over zealous when it comes to bashing the Republican party and defending the Democrats. People like you were created by 8 years of Bush and 3 years of Obama. Don't you ever get tired of defending a defunct administration?

When someone asked me in 2006 how I felt about Bush, I was honest. I couldn't wait for the end of it all. Our world image was shot. I was a New Yorker who felt that we were used to start a war that had nothing to do with my city's despair.

I am not a sheep and I never will be. I think on my own. I don't require Bill Mahr or John Stewart's jokes. Nor do I enjoy listening to Bill O'Reilly or Rush Limbaugh.

11Series , You are a sheep. You are exactly what they want you to be: a fanboy who defends without question and questions no decision.

Congratulations. You will never have to make up your own mind again. Because you are more than happy to let someone else make it up for you.

Prove to everyone on this board that you can be critical of a single thing done by your party. I really don't think you are capable.

-André Gide

Last edited by NYCGP; 08-08-2011 at 06:36 PM.
      08-08-2011, 06:41 PM   #60
ghosthi32
Banned

Drives: Water camel

Quote:
I don't need to explain the reasons some choose to point fingers at that administration for what happened during the last financial crisis. If you don't know why you need to look it up. Just to educate yourself. Whether you agree with it or not. But that is water under the bridge. Anyone who points the blame in their direction is stupid and should be ignored for their stupidity. It was the result of greedy people, not the Clinton administration. It's not the paper or pen company's fault for creating what was used to cheat on a test.

GOP = the right wing ... So saying "the GOP and the right wing" is simply redundant.

You are extremely over zealous when it comes to bashing the Republican party and defending the Democrats. People like you were created by 8 years of Bush and 3 years of Obama. Don't you ever get tired of defending a defunct administration?

When someone asked me in 2006 how I felt about Bush, I was honest. I couldn't wait for the end of it all. Our world image was shot. I was a New Yorker who felt that we were used to start a war that had nothing to do with my city's despair.

I am not a sheep and I never will be. I think on my own. I don't require Bill Mahr or John Stewart's jokes. Nor do I enjoy listening to Bill O'Reilly or Rush Limbaugh.

11Series , You are a sheep. You are exactly what they want you to be: a fanboy who defends without question and questions no decision.

Congratulations. You will never have to make up your own mind again. Because you are more than happy to let someone else make it up for you.

Prove to everyone on this board that you can be critical of a single thing done by your party. I really don't think you are capable.
      08-08-2011, 06:42 PM   #61
11Series

Nice rambling rant. It goes everywhere and nowhere at the same time. I give it an 8.

I love the part where you admit that you and others on the right blamed Clinton 8 years into Bush's term, but now it's water under the bridge. Classic!

You asked the question "has anyone here ever seen an administration and associated party continue to blame a previous administration this deep into their term". Don't act petulant when you are given the accurate and factual answer.

Was there anything factually incorrect about me pointing out the finger pointing at Clinton? If not, take it like a man that you tried to make a rhetorical point about finger pointing, and you completely forgot about the finger pointing done at Clinton.

Quote:

Oh and Standard and Poors must be racist too, right? They have never downgraded our credit rating before... It must be because we have a black president, right?

Last edited by 11Series; 08-08-2011 at 06:51 PM.
      08-08-2011, 06:43 PM   #62
ghosthi32
Banned

Quote:
Nice rambling rant. It goes everywhere and nowhere at the same time. I give it an 8.

I love the part where you admit that you and others on the right blamed Clinton 8 years into Bush's term, but now it's water under the bridge. Classic!

You asked the question. Don't act petulant when you are given the accurate and factual answer.

Was there anything factually incorrect about me pointing out the finger pointing at Clinton? If not, take it like a man that you tried to make a rhetorical point about finger pointing, and you completely forgot about the finger pointing done at Clinton.
..........this is why im an independent
      08-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #63
11Series

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthi32 View Post
..........this is why im an independent
That's your prerogative. Good for you.

Meanwhile, I'll keep posting the facts.

If some guy asks if anyone remembers finger pointing at previous Presidents, I will give the factual and accurate answer, even if you won't.
      08-08-2011, 06:55 PM   #64
ScotchAndCigar
Banned

Drives: 2011 128i space gray vert

Quote:
If you don't know why you need to look it up. Just to educate yourself. You are extremely over zealous when it comes to bashing the Republican party and defending the Democrats. People like you were created by 8 years of Bush and 3 years of Obama. Don't you ever get tired of defending a defunct administration? I am not a sheep and I never will be. I think on my own. I don't require Bill Mahr or John Stewart's jokes. Nor do I enjoy listening to Bill O'Reilly or Rush Limbaugh.
You're not a sheep, you're a jackass. You obviously can't stand debating with someone of a different opinion than you, so you cut them down, insult, and belittle them.

None of us here knows anyone else here, so anyone claiming that their way of thinking is better or more reasonable is just full of shit.

And being an independent doesn't prove any superiority either - it just shows that you're not being honest about your stand on issues.
ScotchAndCigar is offline   United_States
      08-08-2011, 07:05 PM   #65
NYCGP
WTF are you looking at?

Quote:

You asked the question "has anyone here ever seen an administration and associated party continue to blame a previous administration this deep into their term". Don't act petulant when you are given the accurate and factual answer.

Was there anything factually incorrect about me pointing out the finger pointing at Clinton?
It's obvious you ignored the parts that were too hard to bare. You stopped reading at "water under the bridge".

"Anyone who points the blame in their direction is stupid and should be ignored for their stupidity. It was the result of greedy people, not the Clinton administration. It's not the paper or pen company's fault for creating what was used to cheat on a test. " <----Forget that part?

I never once said I agreed to it. But, I took the time to read about it.

I must say, I am so happy for you. You must have been really excited to use the word petulant..

Comparing the finger pointing that has gone on for the current administrations entire term to the brief period of time those idiots got their opinion heard is laughable. It's like saying a watermelon is the same thing as a grape because they are both fruit.

The challenge still applies. Be critical of your own party just once.

Have you ever read something with an agenda that didn't match yours? Did you throw it down in disgust and exclaim, "LIES! ALL LIES!"

I noticed you ignored the rest of what I wrote. I am assuming it is because it was too hard to read. But a little dose of reality is good for you zealots. It keeps you from climbing towers and shooting at political officials.

-André Gide
      08-08-2011, 07:07 PM   #66
ghosthi32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotchAndCigar View Post
And being an independent doesn't prove any superiority either - it just shows that you're not being honest about your stand on issues.
awww you mad
Closed Thread