BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-22-2011, 11:07 AM   #23
Strongbark
Brigadier General
Strongbark's Avatar
No_Country
88
Rep
3,688
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 M4 on order
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Earth

iTrader: (1)

I was lucky enough to get $500 under MSRP for my 1M and that's the closest to MSRP I've ever paid for a new model (including M's). I usually get much more off due to my relationship with my dealer. That being said, I wouldn't pay anything over MSRP. Wait for the hype to die down and pick one up in Nov-Dec before production ends. If you can't nab one by then, just wait for a used one to pop up.

Last edited by Strongbark; 07-22-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 04:16 PM   #24
dibxna
Lieutenant
dibxna's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
580
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 MW F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelinIsRich08 View Post
That dealer has no rational thought. No one would buy a used 1M for $15k over sticker of a new one, there's some still on sale in dealerships. Watch, after a month they'll drop to $54k.
heres the worst or best part... however viewers which to interpret it....

not only is it insane to me they already had a used 1m... they just got a freakin second used 1m... both under 500 miles and both $69,500.

http://www.bmwnorthscottsdale.com/in...del=1+series+m
__________________
*15' F82 M4 :: Mineral White w/ Speed Cloth! :: DCT :: fully optioned minus CCB*
*09' E90 M3 :: Le Mans Blue w/ silver novillo :: DCT*
*66' 427 Big Block Corvette :: Maroon :: Straight Piped*
*56' ford f-100 truck :: NSX blue :: lowered :: custom interior :: custom audio :: colorado custom wheels*
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 05:51 PM   #25
GotM
Second Lieutenant
GotM's Avatar
United_States
3
Rep
232
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 Subaru BRZ 6MT
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Chandler, AZ

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibxna View Post
heres the worst or best part... however viewers which to interpret it....

not only is it insane to me they already had a used 1m... they just got a freakin second used 1m... both under 500 miles and both $69,500.

http://www.bmwnorthscottsdale.com/in...del=1+series+m
I would be willing to bet these where purchased by an insider to the dealer, driven a 'certain' amount of miles so they could qualify as a used car and sell at a much larger price.

I saw the same thing for a Z8 years ago where the same thing happened and they were selling it for $200K double MSRP.
__________________
13 Subaru BRZ, WR Blue, 6M
09 BMW135i, Alpine White, Sport, 6M - sold
99 BMW M roadster, Estoril Blue - sold
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 07:46 PM   #26
dlbrooks18
Brigadier General
dlbrooks18's Avatar
52
Rep
3,583
Posts

 
Drives: e90 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Los Angeles

iTrader: (2)

Saw this at my dealership today:
Attached Images
  
__________________

2008 E90 335
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 11:09 PM   #27
chris719
Lieutenant
7
Rep
480
Posts

 
Drives: '08 M Roadster
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Haha, that's some nerve to mark up a 1 series to the price of a 911 C2S PDK.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2011, 02:25 PM   #28
dibxna
Lieutenant
dibxna's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
580
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 MW F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris719 View Post
Haha, that's some nerve to mark up a 1 series to the price of a 911 C2S PDK.
seriously. 911cs2pdk > 1m...
__________________
*15' F82 M4 :: Mineral White w/ Speed Cloth! :: DCT :: fully optioned minus CCB*
*09' E90 M3 :: Le Mans Blue w/ silver novillo :: DCT*
*66' 427 Big Block Corvette :: Maroon :: Straight Piped*
*56' ford f-100 truck :: NSX blue :: lowered :: custom interior :: custom audio :: colorado custom wheels*
Appreciate 0
      08-04-2011, 08:55 AM   #29
S.hasan546
Captain
9
Rep
685
Posts

 
Drives: 1M, Exige, S2k, C250, Pilot
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island

iTrader: (0)

guys these are just examples of retarded dealerships. there are many cars out there sold at or below msrp. Even in bigger markets (ny) sold at 2-5k over msrp. I bought mine at msrp so did most others on these boards.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 04:58 PM   #30
dibxna
Lieutenant
dibxna's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
580
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 MW F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: arizona

iTrader: (0)

update:

the two used 1m's on the lot have received a price drop from $69,500 to $66,500.

if they come down to reality ill buy one of them

if not ill stick with my m3
__________________
*15' F82 M4 :: Mineral White w/ Speed Cloth! :: DCT :: fully optioned minus CCB*
*09' E90 M3 :: Le Mans Blue w/ silver novillo :: DCT*
*66' 427 Big Block Corvette :: Maroon :: Straight Piped*
*56' ford f-100 truck :: NSX blue :: lowered :: custom interior :: custom audio :: colorado custom wheels*
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 06:18 PM   #31
mmm def
Colonel
mmm def's Avatar
United_States
38
Rep
2,582
Posts

 
Drives: 06 330i, 12 MDX
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NJ

iTrader: (0)

Send a message via AIM to mmm def
People are actually paying these prices for 1M's? The 2 dealerships near me both think their ish don't stink and have their 1M's priced at $15k & $20k over. Still sitting there all lonely. Tarts.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 07:27 PM   #32
S.hasan546
Captain
9
Rep
685
Posts

 
Drives: 1M, Exige, S2k, C250, Pilot
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Long Island

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmm def View Post
People are actually paying these prices for 1M's? The 2 dealerships near me both think their ish don't stink and have their 1M's priced at $15k & $20k over. Still sitting there all lonely. Tarts.
Short answer? No, 99% of buyers are not paying that.

Unless you live in an affluent area, and affluent i mean the cheapest house is $2 Mil. Than no one is paying that. 2 dealerships on Long Island, NY got $10k above msrp but they are in very very rich areas. Huntington (close to cold spring harbor and the north shore) and Westbury (north shore + muttontown; etc)
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 08:20 PM   #33
ajvee
Major
32
Rep
1,442
Posts

 
Drives: None
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: None

iTrader: (13)

Wasn't there a theory that dealers were purposely selling new 1Ms as "used" cars at whatever prices they wanted because there were some legal issues around inflating the price above MSRP? Could be a state specific thing I read on another thread.
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2011, 08:56 PM   #34
w00tw00t
Lieutenant Colonel
w00tw00t's Avatar
United_States
38
Rep
1,735
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 AY M4
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Issaquah, WA

iTrader: (11)

buyers who buy these even a dollar over msrp are just plain dumb! .. For that kind of money I'd rather get a GTR!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 09:50 AM   #35
e92_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
39
Rep
1,570
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 e92 m3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bay Area, California

iTrader: (0)

$15-$20K over MSRP is just horrible. Anyone know any BMW dealerships that sell the 1M @ MSRP? Does not matter if it's brand new or not. As long as the selling price is at or slightly below MSRP.

Links, website, dealership numbers would be nice. Thanks in advance guys!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 10:02 AM   #36
chmura
Lieutenant
6
Rep
438
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orange County, California

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbrooks18 View Post
Saw this at my dealership today:
DO NOT buy any new BMW at Pacific BMW!

Here is a video of a salesman taking a brand new 1M on a test drive during PDI.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573071

http://jalopnik.com/5831766/how-a-bm...car-dealership
__________________
Picked up via ED 9/27/2011
Redelivered 11/23/2011

2011 BMW M3 Sedan Alpine White
Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | 6 MT | Premium Package 3 | Competition Package | Fold Down Seats | Satellite Radio | iPod/USB | Anti-Theft Alarm
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 10:25 AM   #37
esqu1re
Lieutenant Colonel
esqu1re's Avatar
23
Rep
1,858
Posts

 
Drives: M Coupe
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: East Coast

iTrader: (0)

Makes me angry as this 1M was supposed to be the "cheaper" ///M alternative --the less bloated, less refined, back to square 1, get the younger kids in the dealerships alternative to the M3. BMW failed to produce enough and cannot contain the price gouging. Sad. Fail.
__________________


///M Coupe: RPI Scoop, OE Strut, CDV, Volk RE30, SS Brake Lines, Stromung Exhaust
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 12:37 PM   #38
dibxna
Lieutenant
dibxna's Avatar
United_States
15
Rep
580
Posts

 
Drives: 2015 MW F82 M4
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: arizona

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqu1re View Post
Makes me angry as this 1M was supposed to be the "cheaper" ///M alternative --the less bloated, less refined, back to square 1, get the younger kids in the dealerships alternative to the M3. BMW failed to produce enough and cannot contain the price gouging. Sad. Fail.

exactly this.

this is why i have grown from laughing at the dealerships bold move to being just frustrated. bmw intended for it to sell for the entry level market, not the same cost as the m3. i have never owned a 6mt daily driver so this was going to be my first. hopefully they land on planet reality soon and sell for what its valued at.
__________________
*15' F82 M4 :: Mineral White w/ Speed Cloth! :: DCT :: fully optioned minus CCB*
*09' E90 M3 :: Le Mans Blue w/ silver novillo :: DCT*
*66' 427 Big Block Corvette :: Maroon :: Straight Piped*
*56' ford f-100 truck :: NSX blue :: lowered :: custom interior :: custom audio :: colorado custom wheels*
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 05:17 PM   #39
e92_m3
Lieutenant Colonel
39
Rep
1,570
Posts

 
Drives: 2009 e92 m3
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bay Area, California

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chmura View Post
DO NOT buy any new BMW at Pacific BMW!

Here is a video of a salesman taking a brand new 1M on a test drive during PDI.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=573071

http://jalopnik.com/5831766/how-a-bm...car-dealership

WOW! Just wow...

Someone's getting a write-up for sure. Or even worse, fired.

Imagine purchasing that brand new 1M and having problems later down the road due to improper break-in procedure. First thing that goes to your mind is maybe my car is a lemon. It's like your 1M is the bad apple of the bunch but YOU HAVE NO DAMN CLUE, EVEN THE SALESMAN AT THE DEALERSHIP THAT THE 1M YOU JUST PURCHASED WAS REDLINED, ABUSED, ETC. Anyway, instead of enjoying your new ///M car, you will waste a lot of time going back to the dealership, dealing with insurance, dealing with the rent-a-car rep, returning the rent-a-car after the 1M's done, not able to run certain errands due to the current situation on the 1M, etc. The list goes on...

Since proper break-in period was not followed, that 1M should cost $5-$8K below MSRP due to ABUSE!
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2011, 07:39 PM   #40
chmura
Lieutenant
6
Rep
438
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Orange County, California

iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by e92_m3 View Post
WOW! Just wow...

Someone's getting a write-up for sure. Or even worse, fired.

Imagine purchasing that brand new 1M and having problems later down the road due to improper break-in procedure. First thing that goes to your mind is maybe my car is a lemon. It's like your 1M is the bad apple of the bunch but YOU HAVE NO DAMN CLUE, EVEN THE SALESMAN AT THE DEALERSHIP THAT THE 1M YOU JUST PURCHASED WAS REDLINED, ABUSED, ETC. Anyway, instead of enjoying your new ///M car, you will waste a lot of time going back to the dealership, dealing with insurance, dealing with the rent-a-car rep, returning the rent-a-car after the 1M's done, not able to run certain errands due to the current situation on the 1M, etc. The list goes on...


Since proper break-in period was not followed, that 1M should cost $5-$8K below MSRP due to ABUSE!
Those two salesman apparently got fired the same day after the GM saw the video. I guess a bunch of 1addicts emailed the GM of the dealership the video.
__________________
Picked up via ED 9/27/2011
Redelivered 11/23/2011

2011 BMW M3 Sedan Alpine White
Black Novillo Leather | Carbon Leather Trim | 6 MT | Premium Package 3 | Competition Package | Fold Down Seats | Satellite Radio | iPod/USB | Anti-Theft Alarm
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 08:44 AM   #41
SamS
Brigadier General
SamS's Avatar
61
Rep
4,579
Posts

 
Drives: 2013 ActiveHybrid 3
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Dallas, TX

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dibxna View Post
update:

the two used 1m's on the lot have received a price drop from $69,500 to $66,500.

if they come down to reality ill buy one of them

if not ill stick with my m3
You might want to sit in/drive one before you really consider buying the 1M. If your used to M3 interior, you might be let down by the 1M, as it is a bit cheap in comparison.

Coming from a guy who had a deposit on a 1M back in January: there is no reason to pay over MSRP for this car. Unless you value paying a premium to have a rare car.
Appreciate 0
      08-19-2011, 12:11 PM   #42
Cabinetman
Lieutenant
7
Rep
432
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 IS-F
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Keller, TX

iTrader: (0)

The 1M spent too much time in development which forced BMW to make it a limited release due to the fact that they are already rolling out the next generation 1 series. Hopefully the next 1M will be a regular production M car so that those buyers that want one can get it with little effort.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:41 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST