BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-27-2011, 11:02 PM   #1
aus
Major General
117
Rep
7,405
Posts

 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

iTrader: (5)

Are power and heated seats Plug and Play?

After looking at the new configuration from BMW for the 2012 cars, I just want to add leather power/heated seats to a base car with a few options like Comfort Access.
I was just wondering if anyone knew if this was possible?

.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      07-27-2011, 11:57 PM   #2
Legion5
Major
Legion5's Avatar
43
Rep
1,379
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (12)

Power and heated seats are plug and play in US cars as far as I remember but you will need to add the buttons. Also it will cost you like $7000 if you want to get the seats from the dealer, so you'd have to look for a trade which is impossible to find. Overall it's much better just to get the options.
__________________

Clean cars are happy cars!
CANON PHOTOGRAPHER
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 12:01 AM   #3
aus
Major General
117
Rep
7,405
Posts

 
Drives: Odysse
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Seal Beach, CA

iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5 View Post
Power and heated seats are plug and play in US cars as far as I remember but you will need to add the buttons. Also it will cost you like $7000 if you want to get the seats from the dealer, so you'd have to look for a trade which is impossible to find. Overall it's much better just to get the options.
Thanks for the info.
It's a $4,500 option and I don't even want them. Like you said, I'm hoping to find a set someone wants to sell.

.
__________________
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 12:25 AM   #4
Legion5
Major
Legion5's Avatar
43
Rep
1,379
Posts

 
Drives: e92
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: USA

iTrader: (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
Thanks for the info.
It's a $4,500 option and I don't even want them. Like you said, I'm hoping to find a set someone wants to sell.

.
Actually it's only $3000 for both heated and power, $2000 for both if you are getting a leather interior (which almost everyone is).

Nobody is ever going to sell a pair of front heated and power seats for less than $2000, and you have to get the buttons, which are actually a few hundred because they come in a kit so it's actually more expensive, and you're risking having to possibly retrofit thousands of dollars of parts if BMW changes something in their build and you may need to pay hundreds of dollars of programing.

On the other hand you get a bunch more features and a lower price by getting the option. Besides that, there's actually only a very very small chance someone will have the interior you want.

Forget about it, that's my advice.
__________________

Clean cars are happy cars!
CANON PHOTOGRAPHER
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 03:47 AM   #5
RayC
Lieutenant
RayC's Avatar
South Korea
6
Rep
544
Posts

 
Drives: E90 M3
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Centreville, VA

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5 View Post
Nobody is ever going to sell a pair of front heated and power seats for less than $2000, and you have to get the buttons, which are actually a few hundred because they come in a kit so it's actually more expensive, and you're risking having to possibly retrofit thousands of dollars of parts if BMW changes something in their build and you may need to pay hundreds of dollars of programing.
Wow didn't realize the power seats are in the 2k range. Maybe OP needs to make a friend with someone who swapped out to a Recaro seat and see if he can get a discount.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:33 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST