BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #89
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
 
///M Ryder's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 Dinan ///M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sugar Land

Posts: 2,422
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinpot View Post
Phil - did you take you take the "whip" on the track?
Yes sir and I must say I'm all in . You can tell I was having a blast....look at that mean azz line I was taking in the 3rd photo. Made my instructors proud ................Phil
__________________
2011.5 E92 Dinan///M3: SSII DCT- Comp, Prem 2, and Conv Pkg, Heated Seats, Enhanced Prem Sound, Edition Grills/Gills, M Performance Steering Wheel, Carbon Fiber Performance Spoiler, BMW Pedals, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan X-Pipe, Dinan Carbon Fiber Intake, Dinan Software Tune, Dinan DCT Tune, Dinan Pulley Kit, Dinan CH-R Wheels, Dinan Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Arkym Lip, IND M5 Mirror Caps, Carbon Reflectors, Lux H8 V3, Brembo 365mm BBK
///M Ryder is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2011, 02:10 PM   #90
rzm3
Moderator
 
rzm3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,600
iTrader: (14)

Pictures here: http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=563063
__________________
E92 M3 DCT - AiM EVO4 Data Logger / AiM SmartyCam HD / KW Competition 2-Way / OMP ARS Racing Seats / Brembo GT 365 / Pagid Yellow RS-29 / Rear Seats Delete
rzm3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2011, 02:57 PM   #91
TxFeatFan
Captain
 
TxFeatFan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 624
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011.5 E90 M3  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
look at that mean azz line I was taking in the 3rd photo. Made my instructors proud ................Phil
A mean azz line indeed! Nice!

__________________

--------------------------------
2011 Melbourne Red E90 ZCP - 6MT
Mod's: Trunk liner
1996 Hellrot E36 M3 - 5MT (Sold)

Last edited by TxFeatFan; 07-24-2011 at 03:05 PM.
TxFeatFan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2011, 03:12 PM   #92
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
 
///M Ryder's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 Dinan ///M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sugar Land

Posts: 2,422
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxFeatFan View Post
A mean azz line indeed! Nice!

.................Damn!..........that was me walking that line. Oh and that Dinan exhaust sounds oh so sweet going by Good looking out on the clip B..................Phil
__________________
2011.5 E92 Dinan///M3: SSII DCT- Comp, Prem 2, and Conv Pkg, Heated Seats, Enhanced Prem Sound, Edition Grills/Gills, M Performance Steering Wheel, Carbon Fiber Performance Spoiler, BMW Pedals, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan X-Pipe, Dinan Carbon Fiber Intake, Dinan Software Tune, Dinan DCT Tune, Dinan Pulley Kit, Dinan CH-R Wheels, Dinan Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Arkym Lip, IND M5 Mirror Caps, Carbon Reflectors, Lux H8 V3, Brembo 365mm BBK
///M Ryder is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2011, 03:45 PM   #93
rzm3
Moderator
 
rzm3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,600
iTrader: (14)

Phil, nice line. You must have had good instructors
__________________
E92 M3 DCT - AiM EVO4 Data Logger / AiM SmartyCam HD / KW Competition 2-Way / OMP ARS Racing Seats / Brembo GT 365 / Pagid Yellow RS-29 / Rear Seats Delete
rzm3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-24-2011, 03:59 PM   #94
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
 
///M Ryder's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 Dinan ///M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sugar Land

Posts: 2,422
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rldzhao View Post
Phil, nice line. You must have had good instructors
Only the best will do baby......only the best!.............Phil
__________________
2011.5 E92 Dinan///M3: SSII DCT- Comp, Prem 2, and Conv Pkg, Heated Seats, Enhanced Prem Sound, Edition Grills/Gills, M Performance Steering Wheel, Carbon Fiber Performance Spoiler, BMW Pedals, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan X-Pipe, Dinan Carbon Fiber Intake, Dinan Software Tune, Dinan DCT Tune, Dinan Pulley Kit, Dinan CH-R Wheels, Dinan Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Arkym Lip, IND M5 Mirror Caps, Carbon Reflectors, Lux H8 V3, Brembo 365mm BBK
///M Ryder is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2011, 11:19 AM   #95
jcreme
Private
 
jcreme's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003.5 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: West Houston

Posts: 76
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
Yes sir and I must say I'm all in . You can tell I was having a blast....look at that mean azz line I was taking in the 3rd photo. Made my instructors proud ................Phil
Here's some vid I got of you from my in-car cam:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/NSuCe3K5hcE

Glad to see you IN ACTION!
jcreme is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2011, 11:50 AM   #96
jcreme
Private
 
jcreme's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003.5 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: West Houston

Posts: 76
iTrader: (0)

Here's a few vids from in my car. As you can see I had a great time trying to keep up with M3roar (with the TX Flag plate) and disapr (with the gopro on the side). You guys are both great drivers! I love dicing it up with you! I don't think they are in these videos, but we did several 1:55's out there. Pretty good, I think!

Flav and JJ, 2:19

Finding Flav, 5:12

Chasing JJ and Flav, 3:44

And this clip from the end of Flav and JJ: A spinout coming over the hump. (sorry I didn't get your name!) I thought for sure I was about to witness a great demonstration of driving skill and grace! Until the last minute when you didn't save it. The rash viewer might say you were too hot coming in, but I think an earlier turn-in and smoother steering input would have sailed you through.

Spin Cycle, 0:32

Great day guys!!

Last edited by jcreme; 07-27-2011 at 12:03 PM.
jcreme is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2011, 12:02 PM   #97
M3roar
Lieutenant
 
M3roar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 e92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 446
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3 e92  [4.67]
1998 BMW M3  [4.25]
Nice Videos Justin..... always fun!
M3roar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2011, 12:07 PM   #98
disapr
drop a gear and...
 
Drives: 2010 M3
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 961
iTrader: (4)

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcreme View Post
Flav @ 1:54 - Almost entered the spin cycle

j/k

Great vids and nice driving! Where do you have your camera mounted?

Also - Whoever lost it over the bump - Was that with MDM on or off? Nice save either way!
__________________
disapr is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2011, 12:15 PM   #99
TxFeatFan
Captain
 
TxFeatFan's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 ZCP
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 624
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011.5 E90 M3  [5.00]
Great videos, Justin!!!
__________________

--------------------------------
2011 Melbourne Red E90 ZCP - 6MT
Mod's: Trunk liner
1996 Hellrot E36 M3 - 5MT (Sold)
TxFeatFan is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2011, 12:25 PM   #100
M3roar
Lieutenant
 
M3roar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 e92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 446
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3 e92  [4.67]
1998 BMW M3  [4.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by disapr View Post
Flav @ 1:54 - Almost entered the spin cycle

j/k

Great vids and nice driving! Where do you have your camera mounted?

Also - Whoever lost it over the bump - Was that with MDM on or off? Nice save either way!
I was hoping that wouldnt have been noticed haha... but downshifting is a must in that turn and you cant really do it too much before the turn either.... and I stink at rev matching while clutching, shifting, turning, and braking.
M3roar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2011, 01:54 PM   #101
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
 
JC919's Avatar
 
Drives: CSL
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland

Posts: 1,791
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcreme View Post
And this clip from the end of Flav and JJ: A spinout coming over the hump. (sorry I didn't get your name!) I thought for sure I was about to witness a great demonstration of driving skill and grace! Until the last minute when you didn't save it. The rash viewer might say you were too hot coming in, but I think an earlier turn-in and smoother steering input would have sailed you through.

Spin Cycle, 0:32

Great day guys!!
Thanks for the advice, but this was a combination of bad entry and a set of bald PSCups (they're in my garage, I'll post some pics later). When those tires have reached their limit they let go in spectacular fashion. Passing you where I did meant braking much later and using a line that I'm not too fond of. I went about 70% for the rest of the day.

Oh, and I figured someone would put that on youtube.
__________________

2003 CSL, SG and some brake bs
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. Stored in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, Akrapovic Evolution, Evosport Pulley, ESS Tune, Michelin PSS/Hoosier, other track stuff SOLD

Last edited by JC919; 07-27-2011 at 02:00 PM.
JC919 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2011, 04:29 PM   #102
03BeastCharmer
Major
 
03BeastCharmer's Avatar
 
Drives: 03 M5, '13 & 97 M3
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston

Posts: 1,405
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3roar View Post
I was hoping that wouldnt have been noticed haha... but downshifting is a must in that turn and you cant really do it too much before the turn either.... and I stink at rev matching while clutching, shifting, turning, and braking.
I hear you Flav. Coming from the fast back straight you need at least 1 downshift for the 1st turn, and a 2nd downshift for that really tight right hander. I had a hard time staying hard on the brake and then shifting before the turn in for the tight right hander also.
__________________

Current: '13 E92 M3 Euro Delivery
Wife's: E39 M5, E36 M3
Gone: E86 M Coupe; E30 M3
03BeastCharmer is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2011, 04:37 PM   #103
ShadeD1
First Lieutenant
 
Drives: 2010 Jerez Black E92 DCT
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 319
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3roar View Post
I was hoping that wouldnt have been noticed haha... but downshifting is a must in that turn and you cant really do it too much before the turn either.... and I stink at rev matching while clutching, shifting, turning, and braking.
I suck at that too, which is why DCT was a must for me! I can barely walk and chew gum
ShadeD1 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2011, 05:02 PM   #104
AltF4
In for pics...
 
Drives: '02 BMW M3, '09 BMW LCI 335i
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Austin, TX

Posts: 61
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcreme View Post
Here's a few vids from in my car. As you can see I had a great time trying to keep up with M3roar (with the TX Flag plate) and disapr (with the gopro on the side). You guys are both great drivers! I love dicing it up with you! I don't think they are in these videos, but we did several 1:55's out there. Pretty good, I think!

Flav and JJ, 2:19

Finding Flav, 5:12

Chasing JJ and Flav, 3:44

And this clip from the end of Flav and JJ: A spinout coming over the hump. (sorry I didn't get your name!) I thought for sure I was about to witness a great demonstration of driving skill and grace! Until the last minute when you didn't save it. The rash viewer might say you were too hot coming in, but I think an earlier turn-in and smoother steering input would have sailed you through.

Spin Cycle, 0:32

Great day guys!!
Nice vids man! I love your driving style...you look like you're on a Sunday drive with a helmet on...perfect! I would probably look like this if a camera was on me: lol
__________________

TR MT-1 : ZCP brakes : StopTech
Ground Control Susp/Sway : RE
PFC : UUC/Corsa : BW
AltF4 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2011, 06:52 PM   #105
jcreme
Private
 
jcreme's Avatar
 
Drives: 2003.5 M3
Join Date: May 2011
Location: West Houston

Posts: 76
iTrader: (0)

Jc, Ooooh! Def bald tires make for a good training day I really thought you were going to pull off some drift-mania!

JJ: the cam is on a gorilla tripod with one leg wrapped around the rear pass side headrest post. The camera presses into the side of the headrest which really dampens vibration. I was going to film with Harry's too, but there was just too much going on. I like the perspective 'cause I can see what my hands are doing. Foot cam next??

BTW Harry's is great! Plots speed, Gs, accel, elevation, and RPM (with optional hardware) and superimposes each over your best lap AND the cumulative time gap so you can really see whatthehellhappened out there! Good stuff. It also plots Gs over the course map. It said I pulled 1G in the hard turns. I find that hard to believe, but all pretty awesome for $17.

TIP: just don't touch it. Let it run between sessions. It's easy to delete junk at the days end. I kept trying to stop it and ended up loosing a lot of data.
jcreme is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2011, 08:14 PM   #106
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
 
///M Ryder's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 Dinan ///M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sugar Land

Posts: 2,422
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcreme View Post
Here's some vid I got of you from my in-car cam:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/NSuCe3K5hcE

Glad to see you IN ACTION!
Yeah I had to be sure I wanted some of this action. This can become an expensive hobby. But I could no longer stand by and let you guys have all the fun. Also, I think someone around here needs to step up and offer the club a group buy on some tires. Let me see what I can come up with..........Phil
__________________
2011.5 E92 Dinan///M3: SSII DCT- Comp, Prem 2, and Conv Pkg, Heated Seats, Enhanced Prem Sound, Edition Grills/Gills, M Performance Steering Wheel, Carbon Fiber Performance Spoiler, BMW Pedals, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan X-Pipe, Dinan Carbon Fiber Intake, Dinan Software Tune, Dinan DCT Tune, Dinan Pulley Kit, Dinan CH-R Wheels, Dinan Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Arkym Lip, IND M5 Mirror Caps, Carbon Reflectors, Lux H8 V3, Brembo 365mm BBK
///M Ryder is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2011, 08:41 PM   #107
M3roar
Lieutenant
 
M3roar's Avatar
 
Drives: 2010 e92 M3
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Houston, Texas

Posts: 446
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2010 BMW M3 e92  [4.67]
1998 BMW M3  [4.25]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03BeastCharmer View Post
I hear you Flav. Coming from the fast back straight you need at least 1 downshift for the 1st turn, and a 2nd downshift for that really tight right hander. I had a hard time staying hard on the brake and then shifting before the turn in for the tight right hander also.
Different Gearing friend... I come out hit the first sweeper in 4th and then brake hard to shift into 3rd.... that is enough to carry me through. But its a pain. I need to work on rev matching next time.
M3roar is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-27-2011, 11:39 PM   #108
rzm3
Moderator
 
rzm3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,600
iTrader: (14)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Ryder View Post
Yeah I had to be sure I wanted some of this action. This can become an expensive hobby. But I could no longer stand by and let you guys have all the fun. Also, I think someone around here needs to step up and offer the club a group buy on some tires. Let me see what I can come up with..........Phil
Thanks for the subtle message Phil. I'd be happy to offer anyone in M Club tires at cost. Just let me know
__________________
E92 M3 DCT - AiM EVO4 Data Logger / AiM SmartyCam HD / KW Competition 2-Way / OMP ARS Racing Seats / Brembo GT 365 / Pagid Yellow RS-29 / Rear Seats Delete
rzm3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-28-2011, 12:49 AM   #109
///M Ryder
Grown Azz Man
 
///M Ryder's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 Dinan ///M3
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Sugar Land

Posts: 2,422
iTrader: (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rldzhao View Post
Thanks for the subtle message Phil. I'd be happy to offer anyone in M Club tires at cost. Just let me know
.....that must be your conscience talking to you partner. I was thinking of something else. But if you want to make that offer it sounds good to me ..........Phil
__________________
2011.5 E92 Dinan///M3: SSII DCT- Comp, Prem 2, and Conv Pkg, Heated Seats, Enhanced Prem Sound, Edition Grills/Gills, M Performance Steering Wheel, Carbon Fiber Performance Spoiler, BMW Pedals, Dinan Exhaust, Dinan X-Pipe, Dinan Carbon Fiber Intake, Dinan Software Tune, Dinan DCT Tune, Dinan Pulley Kit, Dinan CH-R Wheels, Dinan Carbon Fiber Strut Tower Braces, Arkym Lip, IND M5 Mirror Caps, Carbon Reflectors, Lux H8 V3, Brembo 365mm BBK
///M Ryder is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-28-2011, 01:03 AM   #110
rzm3
Moderator
 
rzm3's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: USA

Posts: 4,600
iTrader: (14)

OK. I guess I got confused. Anyway, why are you up so late?
__________________
E92 M3 DCT - AiM EVO4 Data Logger / AiM SmartyCam HD / KW Competition 2-Way / OMP ARS Racing Seats / Brembo GT 365 / Pagid Yellow RS-29 / Rear Seats Delete
rzm3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:04 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST