BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography
 
GetBMWParts
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-25-2011, 10:57 PM   #89
oneintheory
no longer a BMW owner
United_States
36
Rep
1,468
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Suffolk/Chesapeake, VA

iTrader: (0)

que? what part of your rules did i miss, or is it not artistic enough...
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 11:04 PM   #90
The1
Major General
Canada
56
Rep
5,127
Posts

 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

iTrader: (0)

i think the rules might need to be re-addressed, and the title is misleading for it to be a game.

people are just thinking this is a critique my photo thread, rather then "i'm critiquing your photo, and here's one of my own for the next person to critique"
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 11:07 PM   #91
oneintheory
no longer a BMW owner
United_States
36
Rep
1,468
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Suffolk/Chesapeake, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
i think the rules might need to be re-addressed, and the title is misleading for it to be a game.

people are just thinking this is a critique my photo thread, rather then "i'm critiquing your photo, and here's one of my own for the next person to critique"
oh, i get it. fine.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 11:08 PM   #92
rodi
. . .
51
Rep
2,400
Posts

 
Drives: your FACE!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta proper

iTrader: (-1)

it's not a game. it's a give and take critique thread. don't post a photo unless you're going to critique the photo above yours.
__________________
2009 135i | space grey | sport | navi | hifi | heated
dinan stage 2 software | bmw performance exhaust
kw v2 | hotchkis front sway | vmr v710

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 11:09 PM   #93
oneintheory
no longer a BMW owner
United_States
36
Rep
1,468
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Suffolk/Chesapeake, VA

iTrader: (0)

my bad. now done.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 11:20 PM   #94
The1
Major General
Canada
56
Rep
5,127
Posts

 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodi View Post
it's not a game. it's a give and take critique thread. don't post a photo unless you're going to critique the photo above yours.
sorry, not a game.... it's set up as

you have to give love, before you can ask for love.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 11:51 PM   #95
rodi
. . .
51
Rep
2,400
Posts

 
Drives: your FACE!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta proper

iTrader: (-1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
sorry, not a game.... it's set up as

you have to give love, before you can ask for love.


i love you man.
__________________
2009 135i | space grey | sport | navi | hifi | heated
dinan stage 2 software | bmw performance exhaust
kw v2 | hotchkis front sway | vmr v710

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 12:07 AM   #96
The1
Major General
Canada
56
Rep
5,127
Posts

 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

iTrader: (0)

awwww, thanks, haven't been feeling too loved lately.....

I love you too man!
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 08:56 AM   #97
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
164
Rep
6,792
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN

iTrader: (15)

aww... get a room you two.
__________________

Currently for sale: N/A
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 10:03 AM   #98
M_Six
Free Thinker
M_Six's Avatar
United_States
125
Rep
5,069
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734 View Post
aww... get a room you two.
Rooms in Chicago are pricey. Throw in a dinner at Roy's and you have a very expensive date.
__________________
Mark
Flickr

"I know rocks. Rocks are hard."
-T. Walter
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 10:05 AM   #99
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
164
Rep
6,792
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN

iTrader: (15)

I guess it depends who's buyin'... isn't canadian money better than the dollar these days?
__________________

Currently for sale: N/A
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 11:34 AM   #100
rodi
. . .
51
Rep
2,400
Posts

 
Drives: your FACE!
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta proper

iTrader: (-1)

Mark, you're taking me to Roy's when I'm in Chicago in a couple weeks? Awesome!
__________________
2009 135i | space grey | sport | navi | hifi | heated
dinan stage 2 software | bmw performance exhaust
kw v2 | hotchkis front sway | vmr v710

Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 01:17 PM   #101
M_Six
Free Thinker
M_Six's Avatar
United_States
125
Rep
5,069
Posts

 
Drives: 2012 MB C300 4matic
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Foothills of Mt Level

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodi View Post
Mark, you're taking me to Roy's when I'm in Chicago in a couple weeks? Awesome!
Sorry, can't make it. Long way to Chicago from here. Tell 'em I sent ya, though. I'm sure they'll be impressed.

Maybe Badger can fill in. He's a city boy.
__________________
Mark
Flickr

"I know rocks. Rocks are hard."
-T. Walter
Appreciate 0
      07-26-2011, 10:15 PM   #102
The1
Major General
Canada
56
Rep
5,127
Posts

 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734 View Post
I guess it depends who's buyin'... isn't canadian money better than the dollar these days?
looked it up earlier and canadian dollar was 1.0598 to the american dollar.

I was a bit surprised and started planning my next road trip at that moment
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 10:38 AM   #103
Chewy734
Major General
United_States
164
Rep
6,792
Posts

 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN

iTrader: (15)

Josh, I liked your photo of Danielle. But, I feel like the posing is a little awkward and contrived. Was she really laughing there, or was she pretending to be laughing? I only say this because of where her right hand is placed... usually when people laugh hard it's not like that. Anywho... the white background isn't doing it for me; it's a little too boring. I think maybe if you had a whitish background (with windows, some other location) that's washed out with the flash, it might work better. That being said, technically it's a good shot with good exposure, etc.

Alternatively, have you thought of maybe shooting a photo or two in high-key? I think that might look good with her aqua-colored shirt and hair. Just an idea... I suck at portraits and you are much better, so you can take my comments with a grain of salt.



Yes, mine is significantly post-processed, but I was specifically going for this antique, drawing on parchment look. What do you guys think? Did I pull it off?
__________________

Currently for sale: N/A
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 10:58 AM   #104
jpsum
Major
jpsum's Avatar
United_States
47
Rep
1,089
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 TSX
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Haven area

iTrader: (4)

This one is on my capital one credit card. Taken with a Nikon P300 point and shoot.
Attached Images
 
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 10:59 AM   #105
The1
Major General
Canada
56
Rep
5,127
Posts

 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsum View Post
.
critique of previous image required before posting your own image for critiquing.

just FYI


PS, cute shot.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 11:02 AM   #106
jpsum
Major
jpsum's Avatar
United_States
47
Rep
1,089
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 TSX
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Haven area

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
critique of previous image required before posting your own image for critiquing.

just FYI


PS, cute shot.
Ooops. Sorry. So do I critique my own photo now?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 11:04 AM   #107
jpsum
Major
jpsum's Avatar
United_States
47
Rep
1,089
Posts

 
Drives: 2010 TSX
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: New Haven area

iTrader: (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734 View Post
Josh, I liked your photo of Danielle. But, I feel like the posing is a little awkward and contrived. Was she really laughing there, or was she pretending to be laughing? I only say this because of where her right hand is placed... usually when people laugh hard it's not like that. Anywho... the white background isn't doing it for me; it's a little too boring. I think maybe if you had a whitish background (with windows, some other location) that's washed out with the flash, it might work better. That being said, technically it's a good shot with good exposure, etc.

Alternatively, have you thought of maybe shooting a photo or two in high-key? I think that might look good with her aqua-colored shirt and hair. Just an idea... I suck at portraits and you are much better, so you can take my comments with a grain of salt.



Yes, mine is significantly post-processed, but I was specifically going for this antique, drawing on parchment look. What do you guys think? Did I pull it off?
I guess the post processing is fine, but I'm not sure what the focus is on this picture. It's lacking a bit of contrast.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #108
The1
Major General
Canada
56
Rep
5,127
Posts

 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsum View Post
Ooops. Sorry. So do I critique my own photo now?
nope, you have to do a critique of Chewy's photo, then you offer up yours for the next person who wants a photo critiqued, that way they have to critique yours before posting theirs.


so if you just go in and edit the post where you have the picture of the dog, say a few things you like and a few things you would change about chewy's picture.

otherwise you'll get a few people in this forum chasing you

It's sort of a ladder effect. one person critiques then posts and image, then the next person critiques the posted image, and then offers up their own for someone else to critique.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 11:06 AM   #109
The1
Major General
Canada
56
Rep
5,127
Posts

 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

iTrader: (0)

perfecto

you will have made the photography gods happy
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 11:18 AM   #110
oneintheory
no longer a BMW owner
United_States
36
Rep
1,468
Posts

 
Drives: 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Suffolk/Chesapeake, VA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734 View Post
Josh, I liked your photo of Danielle. But, I feel like the posing is a little awkward and contrived. Was she really laughing there, or was she pretending to be laughing? I only say this because of where her right hand is placed... usually when people laugh hard it's not like that. Anywho... the white background isn't doing it for me; it's a little too boring. I think maybe if you had a whitish background (with windows, some other location) that's washed out with the flash, it might work better. That being said, technically it's a good shot with good exposure, etc.

Alternatively, have you thought of maybe shooting a photo or two in high-key? I think that might look good with her aqua-colored shirt and hair. Just an idea... I suck at portraits and you are much better, so you can take my comments with a grain of salt.
i was in the middle of posing her and i said something funny and she busted out laughing but stayed in the pose...so it was sort of a candid moment while still being a little staged. that was my first time shooting with her. did it all in studio intentionally so that i could control everything and figure out how we interacted. we're going to an abandoned warehouse to shoot next week.
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:39 PM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST