BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Mporium BMW

07-24-2011, 02:54 PM   #23
shazzy04
Lieutenant Colonel
South Korea
Rep
Drives: '15 F22 M235i

Mods coming soon
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 03:00 PM   #24
ejazbmw
blahhh
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235I

damn i'm jealous....
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 04:34 PM   #25
BillLee
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Garage List
09 E92 M3  [9.00]
can i ask for a ride?
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 04:41 PM   #26
ghosthi32
Banned
Rep
Drives: Water camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tk-421 View Post
+1
+2
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 07:08 PM   #27
gonzo
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: as many as possible

+1 335 is better at breaking down.

Fixed.

Congrats op.

You will probably run into some goobs at mbworld too.
Impossible to escape them.
      07-24-2011, 09:59 PM   #28
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 | 1JZ S13

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post

Fixed.

Congrats op.

Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 11:22 PM   #29
Licit
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonzo View Post

Fixed.

Congrats op.

Actually BMW and MB are both bad company wide for reliability. Not sure of specific 335 vs C63 numbers but I just remember a year ago when reliability ratings came out both companies were low on the list, in a bad way.
C63 AMG is a great car though regardless, congrats.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 11:39 PM   #30
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Licit View Post
Actually BMW and MB are both bad company wide for reliability. Not sure of specific 335 vs C63 numbers but I just remember a year ago when reliability ratings came out both companies were low on the list, in a bad way.
The C63 has nothing even remotely close to the 335's HPFP issue.
Appreciate 0
      07-24-2011, 11:47 PM   #31
GregTheStig
derp
Armenia
Rep
Drives: a Tuk Tuk

Congrats on the awesome new ride! Go easy on her
      07-24-2011, 11:54 PM   #32
CAPSGOD
Major
Rep
Drives: Diesel Son

I was being sarcastic, guys.. you can put down the flamethrowers & popcorn.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 01:04 AM   #33
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by JunkStory View Post
Very nice, but any reason why not the M3 sedan?
The C63 is a better DD.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ppatel223 View Post
that is overpriced C, with just bigger engine. Interior is UGLY
The herp is strong with this one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Licit View Post
We've had a C63 and logged over 30k faultless miles so far. I've gone through four HPFPs in 60k miles and have owned my 335i for just over 70k miles.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 01:26 AM   #34
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Year's_End View Post
We've had a C63 and logged over 30k faultless miles so far. I've gone through four HPFPs in 60k miles and have owned my 335i for just over 70k miles.
The C Class has good reliability these days. Actually any Mercedes after 2007 is pretty good now reliability-wise. My E63 has been faultless, and it's my everyday all around daily driver beater.

It almost seems like things are going the opposite now. Mercedes becoming very performance oriented and BMW going somewhat the other way, and Mercedes build quality also now taking the lead.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 01:39 AM   #35
Midnightfang
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG, ML350, E90 330i

thank you thank you for the responses.

yeah, i love it so far, but it has been a bit over 1 day. I'm contemplating on getting a beater for everyday drives..

e90 is fun, very interesting to read the all the posts, good and bad. i'll prob stick around and be silent reader for a while. So far, not a big fan of mbworld's forum layout. Not as organized as e90post.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 01:54 AM   #36
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by stickypaws View Post
The C Class has good reliability these days. Actually any Mercedes after 2007 is pretty good now reliability-wise. My E63 has been faultless, and it's my everyday all around daily driver beater.

It almost seems like things are going the opposite now. Mercedes becoming very performance oriented and BMW going somewhat the other way, and Mercedes build quality also now taking the lead.
Agree 100%
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 02:55 AM   #37
stickypaws
Dictator
Rep
Drives: people crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightfang View Post
thank you thank you for the responses.

yeah, i love it so far, but it has been a bit over 1 day. I'm contemplating on getting a beater for everyday drives..

e90 is fun, very interesting to read the all the posts, good and bad. i'll prob stick around and be silent reader for a while. So far, not a big fan of mbworld's forum layout. Not as organized as e90post.
fwiw, you can join the AMG Private Lounge. It's a forum for AMG owners only (you'll need your VIN and car and personal info to register.) It's run by AMG themselves and there is a lot of info that they post, plus other stuff. They give out gifts, too. Once in a while they run contests for free AMG Driving Academy classes and other AMG events in Germany and elsewhere.

There's not a lot of traffic like here or MBWorld (only registered AMG owners are allowed to even read the website), but the people there are very civilized. Plus once a month is a live chat group with the AMG product managers. You'll also get all the inside info first hand on new models and products, directly from AMG in Affalterbach.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 02:57 AM   #38
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
fwiw, you can join the AMG Private Lounge. It's a forum for AMG owners only (you'll need your VIN and car and personal info to register.) It's run by AMG themselves and there is a lot of info that they post, plus other stuff. They give out gifts, too. Once in a while they run contests for free AMG Driving Academy classes and other AMG events in Germany and elsewhere.

There's not a lot of traffic like here or MBWorld (only registered AMG owners are allowed to even read the website), but the people there are very civilized. Plus once a month is a live chat group with the AMG product managers. You'll also get all the inside info first hand on new models and products, directly from AMG in Affalterbach.
thanks for the tip, i'll probably sign up for it tomorrow
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 03:22 AM   #39
TK-421
Registered Sex Offender
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 03:24 AM   #40
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Quote:
The M3 is an overpriced 3 series with a bland interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAPSGOD View Post
+1 335 is better
Srys not detected.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 03:26 AM   #41
-=Hot|Ice=-
Been There, Done That.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW M3

Congrats! Waiting to test drive the C63 AMG Coupe to see what car I should go for.
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 10:13 AM   #42
Garduna
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: Sedona 1er|Yellow S3|NardoTTRS

Congrats on the new ride :P
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 10:26 AM   #43
Midnightfang
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG, ML350, E90 330i

There were total of 3 cars that I was considering.

One obviously was the M3 and other was the Porsche Cayman S, along side of the C63. Below are my test drives experiences and how i felt while/after driving the car.

M3: This has been my dream car for a longggggg time, but never really wanted to go test drive it due to i may fall head over heel for this car and not make sound financial decisions after i drove it. The result was a bit surprising... I drove a CPO 09 M3 E90 MT sedan, it comes w/ the usual goodies. The car is alpine white/black, and my first impression outside is wow....... the car is nicely kept and clean. After I sat inside, although car is clean, looks just like the pictures i been drooling over for the past few years.. i felt it looks a lot like my 07 e90 328i, except just with upgraded materials. Everything is in the familiar place so I started the test drive after just a short playing around w/ the controls. The M3 is fast!!! but not as fast as i imagined... Since m3 needs high RPM to really enjoy the car, I drove the car like i stole it in the 15mins test drive... It was fun... but it wasn't the fun I was expecting.. I didn't get that blown away feeling that I was expecting before the test drive. I was a bit disappointed after the test drive because i thought this would be the right car for me... but my gut feeling was no.. I most likely will never track this car, so taking it to high RPM every time i drive will seems cumbersome. Especially w/ F30 coming out next year.

Porsche Cayman S : I always love P cars, and Cayman is one of my choices after reading all the fantastic reviews about this car. The car is 60K but it looks like a 100k due to how most all P cars looks alike :P I know that I want one that is 09+, that is the year they introduce PDK. I found one w/ the color combination that I wanted, Guards Red with Brown interior. 2011 Cayman S w/ PDK. The car looks fantastic, love that new car smell. The Cayman was quick off the line especially w/ PDK's launch control. It was much more engaging than I expected, but..... the ride is soooo much rougher than I expected.. I drove the car for 10mins, and my back is already hurting/sore from the drive. Since it is a mid-engine car, I wasnt' so sure about the engine blasting right behind the driver's seat. All in all, walked out the Porsche dealership feeling disappointed after reading all the fantastic reviews and with high hopes for this car.

C63 AMG : I never was really a big Merc fan. Especially after driving wife's 07 CLK and the loaner C300s when we take the CLK to service. My feel for MB was it drives/rides "TOO" smooth. I didn't get the engaging feel compare to when I drove my e90. My wife has always been a MB fan, had ML and CLK as her previous cars, and we just bought a new ML for her in March. My head was set on the M3/Cayman as my next car, but she convinced to drive the new E Coupe (which is what I think replaces the old CLK despite what others says that C coupe is next CLK). I didn't like the E coupe, before and after the test drive of E350. Yes it is nice, yes it is pretty, yes it was smooth, and yes it is luxurious, but it just was not the car for me. There was a C63 AMG in front of the showroom, so I decided to try it. The interior feels so damn nice, especially w/ AMG seating package. I really like the multimedia package that has the navigation pops out from the center. The car definitely has a lot more gadgets than M3. The test drive was amazing, I didn't expect something like this from Merc. The torque feels endless as I got on the freeway. At first I was just taking it easy since it was stickered over 72K, then the salesman told me I should really punch it. I got up to 100 mph in a blink of an eye. The drive, the feeling of the car was amazing, the endless torque, the tech gadgets inside, I just became a C63 fan after the test drive.

Couple months later.... I got my C63...
Appreciate 0
      07-25-2011, 12:22 PM   #44
ragingclue
One cam is enough
Rep
Drives: VF

Quote:
Go away.
Appreciate 0