BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

07-21-2011, 06:31 AM   #1
Franken///M
A70
Germany

Drives: '11 E92 M3 6MT

Clear Bra Quote?

Just got this quote back from a potential installer over here in Germany. Does this sound about right? Price is in Dollars, not Euro.

Full Bumper/Mirrors
Full Hood
Full Fenders
Rockers
Headlamps
Rear Quarter panel

Total is $2800

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 07:09 AM   #2
Richie Carbone
Banned

Drives: Charger SRT8

The price seems about right for a quality install.

When you mention rear quarters do you mean the entire quarter or a lower stone guard?

If it's the entire rear quarter youu are getting a great deal, if it's a partial rear quarter the price is in line with what I would charge for the same install.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #3
htp autoworks
Private

Drives: A fast one...

Wow!!!! That is high... sorry but it is. I would charge about $2200 for that install even with full rear quarters. Someone is making some bucks. Thats not really that much film and definately not that difficult of an install.
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 01:05 AM   #4
Envious Eric
Banned
United_States

Drives: nissan xterra, 335 soon

well, thats germany vs usa prices

just like a kitchen remodel with everything the same in Cali vs Arizona - different areas = different amounts!

Price is about right. My client with a GTR just got quoted 2600 for everything except the rear quarters then same.

Just because someone will do it cheaper doesnt mean anything. All it means is he is willing to work for less money, less hourly, less profit, etc. Just like detailing...I can charge $500 all day long and people will pay it for 8-10 hours of work time. But there will always be someone saying that I am too high and they will do it for $250 for the same work just because they are willing to work for less money. Does it mean one is better than the other, sometimes yes and sometimes you found a GREAT deal on a detail!!! (provided its the same process)

another way to look at it...if you were willing to spend 2500-3000 for the job, then its a good price!!! if you wanted to spend 1500 or less, then its not....
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2011, 02:04 AM   #5
Franken///M
A70
Germany

Drives: '11 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envious Eric View Post
well, thats germany vs usa prices

just like a kitchen remodel with everything the same in Cali vs Arizona - different areas = different amounts!

Price is about right. My client with a GTR just got quoted 2600 for everything except the rear quarters then same.

Just because someone will do it cheaper doesnt mean anything. All it means is he is willing to work for less money, less hourly, less profit, etc. Just like detailing...I can charge $500 all day long and people will pay it for 8-10 hours of work time. But there will always be someone saying that I am too high and they will do it for $250 for the same work just because they are willing to work for less money. Does it mean one is better than the other, sometimes yes and sometimes you found a GREAT deal on a detail!!! (provided its the same process)

another way to look at it...if you were willing to spend 2500-3000 for the job, then its a good price!!! if you wanted to spend 1500 or less, then its not....

Thanks, I understand the price vs. locations. Overall it sounds like it is about on par.

$2600 would be my quote without rear quarters.
Appreciate 0