BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board > Photography/Videography
 
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-20-2011, 01:45 AM   #23
oneintheory
no longer a BMW owner
 
Drives: 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Suffolk/Chesapeake, VA

Posts: 1,468
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
I hope that's sacasm that I read. If not, then there's a disconnect with reality.

Making millions has more to do with DNA, drive, ingenuity, creativity, etc. than having a degree. A degree in an "arts" major makes the likelyhood of millions even more remote for all but the elite.

Apparently you've got some DNA. Maybe you should study something related to your family's business so that you'll be able to contribute when the time comes. A double major in something practical and an arts degree will only take an extra semester or two, if you plan appropriately.

Dave
missed this somehow. i definitely don't think that a degree automatically equates to success at ALL. i just mean that in order to be able to be a part of the family business, i have to have one. and there's really not much i can learn that's gonna help me out besides going to law school, which would be overkill, given that i don't need it. the problem is that i'm now 21 and have been in school for 3 years, and i only have 42 usable credits. it's too late for me to double major practically...i've just gotta get it done. there are other circumstances that aren't worth sharing with the whole world...but the sum of everything means that i'm probably going to CA.


and thanks for the kind words, everyone.
oneintheory is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2011, 04:04 PM   #24
Chewy734
Major General
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Posts: 6,774
iTrader: (15)

somehow I missed this thread...

welcome back Josh! I'm glad you're sorting out all that personal stuff. Are you feeling better now? Out of curiosity, what was the diagnosis for your seizure episodes and vertigo?

Anywho... you remind me of a much younger Howie Mandel. That being said, looking forward to seeing more of your pics here.
__________________

Currently for sale: N/A
Chewy734 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2011, 04:45 PM   #25
dcstep
Brigadier General
 
Drives: '09 Cpe Silverstone FR 6MT
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Colorado

Posts: 4,836
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2009 M3  [4.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by oneintheory View Post
missed this somehow. i definitely don't think that a degree automatically equates to success at ALL. i just mean that in order to be able to be a part of the family business, i have to have one. and there's really not much i can learn that's gonna help me out besides going to law school, which would be overkill, given that i don't need it. the problem is that i'm now 21 and have been in school for 3 years, and i only have 42 usable credits. it's too late for me to double major practically...i've just gotta get it done. ...
At 21 it's not too late for anything. The key is to have a real plan and stick to it. So what if you're 23 when you graduate, so long as it's something useful and additive to your future.

Good luck.

Dave
__________________
dcstep is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2011, 04:51 PM   #26
Litos
Banned
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (1)

1) great shots
2) you have skills
3) don't be retarded and waste your money on school
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2011, 05:38 PM   #27
Chewy734
Major General
 
Drives: 2006 BMW 330i ZPP, ZSP
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minneapolis, MN

Posts: 6,774
iTrader: (15)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
1) great shots
2) you have skills
3) don't be retarded and waste your money on photography school
fixed that for you.
__________________

Currently for sale: N/A
Chewy734 is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2011, 09:56 PM   #28
The1
Major General
 
Drives: white 135
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: KW ontario/vancouver temporarily

Posts: 5,127
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734 View Post
fixed that for you.
lol, I'm going to start calling you Mr. fix it.
The1 is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2011, 10:01 PM   #29
SilverII
Colonel
 
Drives: '11 335IS
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: DFW

Posts: 2,336
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2011 BMW 335IS  [4.83]
Nice pics
SilverII is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2011, 10:03 PM   #30
Litos
Banned
 
Drives: 2012 Challenger RT Junk
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Houston/Pearland

Posts: 2,900
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734 View Post
fixed that for you.
that's what i meant

waste of money....
Litos is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-26-2011, 10:12 PM   #31
oneintheory
no longer a BMW owner
 
Drives: 2011 Ford Edge Sport
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Suffolk/Chesapeake, VA

Posts: 1,468
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy734 View Post
somehow I missed this thread...

welcome back Josh! I'm glad you're sorting out all that personal stuff. Are you feeling better now? Out of curiosity, what was the diagnosis for your seizure episodes and vertigo?

Anywho... you remind me of a much younger Howie Mandel. That being said, looking forward to seeing more of your pics here.
thanks, man.
i still have pretty serious issues with vertigo, not so much with the partial complex seizures. they never found anything wrong there. as far as the vertigo goes, it's migraine related...meaning i'm stuck with it for a long, long time. oh well. transdermal scopolamine helps when it's real bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
At 21 it's not too late for anything. The key is to have a real plan and stick to it. So what if you're 23 when you graduate, so long as it's something useful and additive to your future.

Good luck.

Dave
so much to decide haha.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litos View Post
1) great shots
2) you have skills
3) don't be retarded and waste your money on school
1) thanks
2) thanks again
3) ergh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverII View Post
Nice pics
thanks.

---
it's beginning to look like I won't be going to brooks this fall. a week ago i was certain of it, haha. probably at very least postponing it until spring so i have the opportunity to look at other places. SMFA (so i can have a degree from tufts), SCAD, etc. or, if things turn out well, maybe not going to school for a little while and just shooting.
oneintheory is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:57 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST