BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....
 
Lux Angel Eyes
Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-14-2011, 12:22 AM   #23
FVM3
Major General
 
FVM3's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 5,710
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion5 View Post
C63 is a regular entry level luxury car with a big engine in it. The M3 on the other hand has a lot in common with super cars on the other hand, and I say that as someone who'd worked desining cars. The M design team simply do some very high quality upgrades to the regular 3 that puts it in a different class. AMG on the other hand call it in.

Don't get me wrong the results with the AMG are good but the AMG is just a badge and an engine, the M3 is the real deal.
M3 also is a regular entry level luxury car with a big engine in it. Not just bigger engine in c63, also different suspension and all the stuff
FVM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2011, 12:47 AM   #24
amirz1000
Private First Class
 
amirz1000's Avatar
 
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Laguna Niguel, CA

Posts: 191
iTrader: (0)

just go drive both again and take them out on the freeway this time. they are both great cars and you wont go wrong with either. i've always been a mercedes guy. owned a c55 and loved it but the e92 m3 is in a different league. i have not driven the c63. personally unless you are going to wait for the 2012 c63 i would go with the m3. i don't like the interior of the current c63's and other than the fact that the c63 has much more torque the m3 is superior. keep in mind the c63 will cost you $$$ for services where the m3 is covered while under warranty. that played a roll in my decision to get the m3 instead of waiting for the 2012 c63.
amirz1000 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2011, 12:54 AM   #25
CityOfAngels
Enlisted Member
 
Drives: W211 E55 AMG
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bay Area, CA

Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by christopherchenm View Post
M3 also is a regular entry level luxury car with a big engine in it. Not just bigger engine in c63, also different suspension and all the stuff
So you own both of them. I'm tempted by the AMG's torque but I feel like the m3 will be more satisfying over time with all the different ride options and settings, etc.
CityOfAngels is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2011, 06:54 AM   #26
GreasyGinzo
Captain
 
GreasyGinzo's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 AW 6MT M3(Totaled)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Jersey

Posts: 635
iTrader: (1)

An M3 is a waste in LA and you said you don't go out to the canyons so you would never feel the power this car has. I would 100% without a doubt get the C63 in your case.
__________________
GreasyGinzo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2011, 08:58 AM   #27
E92_SID
Brigadier General
 
E92_SID's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 MR/BB E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver, CO. USA

Posts: 3,019
iTrader: (2)

For me the problem with the C63 is the cheap plasticy feel of the dash and more importantly the lack of exciting color options for the exterior and interior. Pretty much all the C63s that you see out there are Silver, white, or Black with Black leather. BORING!

I just searched ebay motors and almost all of the C63 AMGs are just as I said.

Check it out for yourself:
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_...506.m270.l1313

Yes the engine maybe a torque monster but IMO, if you want the balance of engine, performance, handling, style, and support from the enthusiast community then the M3 is the only way to go.
__________________
2011/E92/M3/MR/BB/ZCV/ZP2/EDC/2MT

Last edited by E92_SID; 07-14-2011 at 09:04 AM.
E92_SID is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2011, 09:18 AM   #28
GreasyGinzo
Captain
 
GreasyGinzo's Avatar
 
Drives: '08 E92 AW 6MT M3(Totaled)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: North Jersey

Posts: 635
iTrader: (1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_SID View Post
Yes the engine maybe a torque monster but IMO, if you want the balance of engine, performance, handling, style, and support from the enthusiast community then the M3 is the only way to go.

All that is great but have you ever been to LA? You never get above 30mph so the more low end torque the better. If I lived in LA I would be shopping Lexus LS or Infiniti M class something real comfotable like that.
__________________
GreasyGinzo is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2011, 09:30 AM   #29
Sean05
Putcha ang ganda...
 
Sean05's Avatar
 
Drives: 08 MR E92 M3
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Los Angeles, Brea CA.

Posts: 5,287
iTrader: (9)

Send a message via Yahoo to Sean05
Love the C63 but it looks just like the regular c300-350 with big engine on it. dont get me wrong the C63 is awesome on straight line but thats pretty much it. interior and exterior is just not very appealing.

drove the C63 before i got the M3 and without a doubt the M3 was just totally different in many ways.

btw if im in the area... ill let you know i can give you a ride
__________________
Sean05 is offline   Philippines
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2011, 09:32 AM   #30
Gkap
BMF Movement
 
Gkap's Avatar
 
Drives: Women Crazy
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: GTA

Posts: 3,010
iTrader: (1)

I would say go with the E92 M3.
Gkap is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2011, 09:44 AM   #31
E92_SID
Brigadier General
 
E92_SID's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011.5 MR/BB E92 M3
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Denver, CO. USA

Posts: 3,019
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreasyGinzo View Post
All that is great but have you ever been to LA? You never get above 30mph so the more low end torque the better. If I lived in LA I would be shopping Lexus LS or Infiniti M class something real comfotable like that.
Yeah well if you never get above 30 then low end torque doesn't really even matter either. Not unless you want to be burning rubber from light to light. A C63 wouldn't be able to be utilized at its full potential either.

IMO, the M just looks WAY better and is a much better all around car. The only thing that I think the Merc has over the M is torque, THATS IT!
__________________
2011/E92/M3/MR/BB/ZCV/ZP2/EDC/2MT
E92_SID is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2011, 09:52 AM   #32
memonmz
Private
 
Drives: 2008 E90 M3
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Houston, TX

Posts: 85
iTrader: (1)

Interior the M3 is much better then the Benz IMO..the torque of the C63 is simply amazing but the M instills a driving confidence in you that the AMG can never do..personal choice at the end of the day but I faced a similar decision and went M with ZERO regrets.
memonmz is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2011, 09:58 AM   #33
FStop7
I like cars
 
FStop7's Avatar
 
Drives: M6
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Newbury Park, CA

Posts: 5,059
iTrader: (3)

Where do some of you people get this shit from?

OP - Check out the C63 coupe when it goes on sale.
__________________
FStop7 is offline   Vatican City State
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2011, 10:21 AM   #34
James T. Kirk
Captain of the Enterprise
 
James T. Kirk's Avatar
 
Drives: 2011 1 Series M Coupe
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Alpha Quadrant, Sector 001

Posts: 1,425
iTrader: (0)

BMW M is Federation.
Mercedes AMG is Klingon.

Any questions?
__________________

2011 1 Series M Coupe VO M3 vs 1M Comparo Review
2011 M3 E90 DCT ZCP (sold) * 2010 335i Sedan (sold)
2005 M3 Convertible (sold) * 2003 325i Sedan (sold)
James T. Kirk is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2011, 10:45 AM   #35
FVM3
Major General
 
FVM3's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 5,710
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92_SID View Post
For me the problem with the C63 is the cheap plasticy feel of the dash and more importantly the lack of exciting color options for the exterior and interior. Pretty much all the C63s that you see out there are Silver, white, or Black with Black leather. BORING!

I just searched ebay motors and almost all of the C63 AMGs are just as I said.

Check it out for yourself:
http://motors.shop.ebay.com/i.html?_...506.m270.l1313

Yes the engine maybe a torque monster but IMO, if you want the balance of engine, performance, handling, style, and support from the enthusiast community then the M3 is the only way to go.
I think interior of m3 and c63 is just on the same level. C63 carries leather on every single place that m3 has. Also it has the optional leather wrapped dash, which is even not available on the m3
FVM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2011, 10:47 AM   #36
FVM3
Major General
 
FVM3's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 5,710
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by memonmz View Post
Interior the M3 is much better then the Benz IMO..the torque of the C63 is simply amazing but the M instills a driving confidence in you that the AMG can never do..personal choice at the end of the day but I faced a similar decision and went M with ZERO regrets.
Why do you think m3 interior is much better? I think C63 is better, at least look way more "newer". Dont get me wrong , I like the m3 so much but deluxe i would say Merc
FVM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2011, 10:49 AM   #37
FVM3
Major General
 
FVM3's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 5,710
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CityOfAngels View Post
So you own both of them. I'm tempted by the AMG's torque but I feel like the m3 will be more satisfying over time with all the different ride options and settings, etc.
Based on what you want and how you drive. If you are a track/corner guy, go for m3. If you get a heavy right foot and want something like a rocket, go for c63.
FVM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2011, 11:10 AM   #38
Raz335
Major
 
Drives: BMW M3 Convertible
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: LI,NY

Posts: 1,101
iTrader: (2)

I havent driven the C63, but the sound of the engine upon just revving is pretty sweet. Apart from that, I don't like the styling of the C63. Interior and exterior looks like a regular C350. I once saw a C350 w/sport package and C63 next to each other at the dealer and had a hard time telling the two apart (And I'm a pretty detail oriented person). However, if you're doing mostly city driving and in traffic, the greater torque of the AMG would be nice.

One thing I didn't account for when getting the M was the gas mileage, it's atrocious. Putting gas in this thing is like having a second car payment. The C63 is worse, so I can't imagine what that would be like.
__________________

Jerez Black/Fox E93 M3 - Prem 2/Cold/Conv/DCT/EDC/19's/Ext Lthr/Crbn Trim/Enhanced Sound/Sat
Mods- 20" BBS LM's DBK/Challenge Catback/Eibachs/Trim wrapped black/Lux Angel eyes/35% Tint
Raz335 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2011, 11:39 AM   #39
captainaudio
World's Foremost Authority
 
Drives: 335i E93 750Li
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Upper East Side Manhattan - Boca Raton Florida

Posts: 3,215
iTrader: (0)

Both the M3 and the AMG are highly tuned versions of production cars.

I would venture to say that with the vast majority of the population, while they may recognize a Mercedes or a BMW, have no idea what an M or an AMG is.

CA
__________________

Drivers Club at Lime Rock - International Motorsports Research Center
Madison Avenue Sports Car Driving and Chowder Society (Only a Vice President)
Polish Racing Drivers of America (PRDA)
The Glen Club - Sports Car Club of America
captainaudio is offline   United_States
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #40
FVM3
Major General
 
FVM3's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 5,710
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
To most people an M3 looks the same as a 335/328.

CA
Exactly! My AW 335i with vinyl roof and a lot of people thought that my car was M3. ps my 335i doesnt have any M hood or fender , just regular m tech and black miro 111
FVM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #41
FVM3
Major General
 
FVM3's Avatar
 
Drives: e92 m3, f30 328i
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Los Angeles

Posts: 5,710
iTrader: (2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz335 View Post
I havent driven the C63, but the sound of the engine upon just revving is pretty sweet. Apart from that, I don't like the styling of the C63. Interior and exterior looks like a regular C350. I once saw a C350 w/sport package and C63 next to each other at the dealer and had a hard time telling the two apart (And I'm a pretty detail oriented person). However, if you're doing mostly city driving and in traffic, the greater torque of the AMG would be nice.

One thing I didn't account for when getting the M was the gas mileage, it's atrocious. Putting gas in this thing is like having a second car payment. The C63 is worse, so I can't imagine what that would be like.
To most people , m3 is same as 328i/335i
FVM3 is offline  
0
Reply With Quote
      07-14-2011, 02:07 PM   #42
Mr. ///M3 RD
Major General
 
Mr. ///M3 RD's Avatar
 
Drives: E350 & 280 SL on Weekends :)
Join Date: May 2010
Location: GTA, Ontario - Canada

Posts: 7,863
iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityOfAngels View Post
I have test driven both within the last few days and was leaning more towards the C63 as I am a diehard AMG fan, but the m3 couple styling has been growing on me as well.

Is there anyone in the LA/San Gabriel Valley area that has either that can maybe take me for a ride? Its hard to grasp a good feel for the car when going to a short test drive in downtown traffic.

I'm not looking to drive the car myself, just sit shotgun and get a feel of how it is.
For the money you would pay your dealer should let you have a car to take home for the weekend to check out the ride. Of course if it is a small dealership they will not do this, at a larger dealership they should.

In our area here it is a matter of course that the dealer will let you take it home or at least let you have the car for a good 1/2 hour test drive.
__________________
Cheers, Rolf-Dieter

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Mr. ///M3 RD is offline   Canada
0
Reply With Quote
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:58 AM.




m3post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST