BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

GT Haus

07-11-2011, 09:07 PM   #1
aafevo
Rep

Drives: 09 E92 M3

Aftermarket sub install in Houston

Has anyone gotten some subs put in their car in the Houston area? I have an 09 E92 M3 with the enhanced premium package but the bass in it isn't enough for me after having an aftermarket system in my old car. Anyways if so, anyone have any good recommendations for places to get installation done? Last time I got my stuff installed at cartoys on 249 by AMC 24 and they did a good job (at least in my eyes they did). Just wanted to hear if anyone else had any other ideas, thanks.
Appreciate 0
      07-12-2011, 11:42 PM   #2
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

You need to go to Custom Car Stereo on 59 S and Bellaire next to the Motorcycle dealer. They installed an RF amp and replaced my OEM subs with Shallow mount subs under the front seats. I had enhanced premium sound as well. I'll post a link of my installl with pics if I can find that thread sometime tomorrow. The sub upgrade made a huge difference and I highly recommend it. I think I paid $800 for all the equipment and labor.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 12:08 AM   #3
aafevo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzlin79 View Post
You need to go to Custom Car Stereo on 59 S and Bellaire next to the Motorcycle dealer. They installed an RF amp and replaced my OEM subs with Shallow mount subs under the front seats. I had enhanced premium sound as well. I'll post a link of my installl with pics if I can find that thread sometime tomorrow. The sub upgrade made a huge difference and I highly recommend it. I think I paid $800 for all the equipment and labor.
Yes if you could PLEASE find me a link so I can check everything out. I'm on the Northwest side of town so it's not TOO far to get down there. My preference would be actually to change the 2 subs under the seats like you did. Did you get the earthquake's that most people get? I was going to go with 2 12's but I really don't want to get rid of the "stock" look. Glad to see that there's a place in Houston that can do this! Please keep me updated via PM or this thread. Thanks a bunch.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 11:06 AM   #4
frankzlin79
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Drives: 2014 335i M Sport

Too bad a sold me E92 with all my after-market stereo equipment. But yes, I got the two 8" Earthquake subs and a RF P300.2 amp to drive them. The amp was mounted on a rack (wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl) and mounted upside down in my trunk. A total stealth install and super clean. I will find my receipt from Custom Car Stereo and give you the break down on how much I paid for install as well as my EBay receipt to let you know how much the RF amp and Earthquake subs cost.

Here is a link to my review...but it looks like I removed the photos from Photobucket.com. PM me your e-mail address and I can send you the photos.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319715
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 11:22 AM   #5
aafevo
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankzlin79 View Post
Too bad a sold me E92 with all my after-market stereo equipment. But yes, I got the two 8" Earthquake subs and a RF P300.2 amp to drive them. The amp was mounted on a rack (wrapped in carbon fiber vinyl) and mounted upside down in my trunk. A total stealth install and super clean. I will find my receipt from Custom Car Stereo and give you the break down on how much I paid for install as well as my EBay receipt to let you know how much the RF amp and Earthquake subs cost.

Here is a link to my review...but it looks like I removed the photos from Photobucket.com. PM me your e-mail address and I can send you the photos.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319715
Okay brilliant will send a PM now
Appreciate 0