Originally Posted by thatarchitect View Post
Ok so it looks like I'm going to go with:

19" V710s staggered
textured black powdercoat
Hankook V12s
245/35 fronts
285/30 rears
H&R sport springs

I wavered on solar black. My personal opinion from the pics was that it was kinda shiny. I like more of the matte look. I could be wrong bc all i had to go off of was pics. So speak now if you have any words of wisdom for me (especially Houston people who have seen the solar wheels) or forever hold your peace. Ive got my fingers crossed that the tires wont rub
The solar black V710s on Frank's car look sweet. IMO, it's a very subtle difference from matte black, but a nice one. At times, matte black wheels just seem dirty (not clean). The solar black look almost exactly like matte black, but have just enough reflectivity or shine to keep them from looking like dirty black wheels. I really don't think you can go wrong either way though -- both will look great.

Neither fronts or rears will rub with the setup you suggested.

Quote:
Originally Posted by spicoli024 View Post
WTF! Blake or Tom, help me out with this one. I ask you two because you have the same RD. I was driving home for lunch today going down Kirby and I see a cop who had someone pulled over. His lights were on and I clearly saw him from a distance, maybe 200 yards; however, the RD did not go off until I was about 50 yards from him. That is obviously waayy too late. Are there settings for the distance on the 9500ix or something because I cannot imagine that is the maximum range?
Kyle, it sounds like the radar detector wasn't actually on until you were 50 yards away. If it had been, the RD definitely would have caught it. Was the officer in the car when you passed him? If so, you have nothing to worry about.