View Single Post
      10-29-2012, 08:43 AM   #7
Legion5
Major
Rep
Drives: e92

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmk08
Can anyone answer me this. I went to go look at a 2011.5 E92 with 11000 miles over the weekend that had perfect service records, not a single flaw, and had ~ 3 years left on the factory warranty. 1 owner carfax and the only service on record was the 1200 mile and an oil change.

When I asked the dealer why it wasn't a CPO or if it could be CPOed they pretty much told me that M3s are not CPOed. I told him that there were some on the BMW website that were CPO and he really didn't have an answer.

I couldn't get him down to the price I wanted so I didn't purchased the car but I wanted to know why it's so hard to find CPO on this car and why this dealer told me it didn't exist.
Your dealer sounds like a real piece of work.

It is not hard to find CPO on an M3 but it is expensive M3 warranties are just expensive in general. Your dealer sounds like they have no idea what they are telling you.

As to extended warranty transfers:

To transfer your contract, within thirty (30) days of a change in ownership of the vehicle, submit to the contract administrator a completed transfer application form together with a fifty dollar ($50) transfer fee, unless a different amount is specified in section 10, along with all of the following:

1. a notarized copy of the documentation showing change of title and odometer reading on the date of ownership change
2. proof of maintenance in accordance wit the manufacturer's specifications
3. if the manufacturers warranty requires a transfer, a copy of the completed transfer form
4. your original contract and declaration page, and
5. the name and address of the new owner

The transfer application form may be obtained from the contract administrator. Transfer applications are subject to approval by the contract administrator. In the event the transfer application, fee, and required documentation is postmarked more than thirty (30) days after the change in ownership, then this contract may become non-transferable.

Clean cars are happy cars!
CANON PHOTOGRAPHER
Appreciate 0