Drives: ex-M

Garage List
2013 BMW M3 ZCP  [10.00]
2003 BMW M5  [0.00]
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikymu View Post
UNDER STEER

This is another area car and driver have complaint about with the E92 M3. It does not like to turn and just plow aka drift through turns. Is this something that can be easily fixed with larger rear sway bar?

I track with may E92 M3 and they all suffer from severe under steer ... GT3 really kill them through turns. Here is a video of a very wet track at Thunderhill and the E92 M3's under steer did not help through fast turns ... it really has to slow down and tip toe through T11-T15
Having tracked with a few GT3s, I feel it's the driver, not the car. Expert GT3 drivers have left me in the dust, but novice GT3 drivers slow me down and I have to pass them, and intermediate GT3 drivers I play cat and mouse with. On the straight, the GT3 has a bit more get up and go, at least at altitude, but I get the sense the E92 M3 actually makes up for it in balance and handling through the turns, especially rapid esses.

Of course, you will have first-hand experience if you get the M3. I think if you make sure you give yourself time to get accustomed to the car, have the right tires, brake pads, etc., you'll enjoy the car very much!
Appreciate 0