View Single Post
      04-18-2011, 09:28 AM   #9
Maestro
Major
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Sedan, 2021 X3

I agree if you have doubts about the guy report it. However, if you got all the information from him and he is willing to pay it out of his pocket, that is always the better way to go. Even if the accident is not your fault, turning them in to you insurance company can count against you. Plus, if the guy does not come through in a day or so you can always report it then. Just tell him he has two days to come up with the cash after you get an estimate, if he does not then you report it.

I personal did this a couple of times, one time I hit someone less than $1000 and I arrange to get it fix and only cost me $500 and the other time someone hit me and they gave me cash, $1200 and I got it fixed for $800, so I got $400 for my pain and suffering.

I have to also agree with the others here, why would you park across from someone driveway, you are asking for problems. In my old place my mail box just happen to be right across from my neighbors drives and 3 of their friend destroyed their trunk lids backing into it. Did not damage the mail box post but did thousand $ of damage to their cars.

The best part the idiots who could seem to figure out how to back out of a driveway tried convincing me it was may fault and I should have paid for their damage.

And no, I did not put the mailbox there, it was the build since it was new home and all mail boxes had to be place at certain location on your property. My house was built first and the neighbor's builder put the driveway in the wrong place
Appreciate 0