03-02-2007, 12:27 PM   #97
bmwexecutive
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by edgarj View Post
Whatever, Executive.

As I'm shure you can understand, being an Executive and all, my time is worth more than even a satisfactory claim, which his parents would certainly buffer. Great suggestion though.
I do understand that fact, but it comes down to whether you want to get this kid or not. Sometimes, your time is irrelevant. Three years ago, the company Paypal screwed me out of $2,000 by locking my account for no reason whatsoever. A quick search on Google revealed that Paypal does this kind of thing to everyone. A few places even suggested they lock upwards of 10,000 accounts everyday just for the hell of it. This was the second time Paypal had locked my account. The other time I was out $500. Between all of the hoops they wanted me to jump through I just let it go. This time I was pissed and my time didn't matter at that point. They were doing down!

Filed against them in Small Claims Court and had a legal represenative from Paypal tell me that my case was the most egregious she's ever seen. She thought I was the dumbest person in the world to ever pursue it. Two months later, after maybe 7 or 8 hours of my time, the judge seteneced in my favor and not only did I get my $2,000 + the previous $500 they locked back to me within 60 days (the time the judge gave Paypal to cut me a check), but I got an extra $200 for all the fees I encountered to file against them.

Paypal knows not to fuck me anymore.
Appreciate 0