View Single Post
      12-14-2007, 07:42 PM   #32
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
Street cred is not my gig, but to each his own. A touch to the throttle would prove it very quickly. The big advantage of the GT-R to the M3 is obvious. Gobs and gobs of torque. Much better power with maybe slightly better mileage. All wheel drive for all seasons. And maybe most importantly, the cars resale value will be a lot better. This car is going to go down as one of the all time greats, independent of it's incredible price/performance ratio.
I think you misunderstood what I was getting at slightly. Street cred isn't what I'm after either, hence my worry about the situation. I want the car i'll bet getting just for the enjoyment of having it and driving it, not to shame car nublets.

The GTR will definitely have a presence on the road. And I was worried that because of that presence I would feel paranoid or pressured if owning one that someone would either be jealous enough to actually harm the car or that they would constantly try to prove themselves against it on the road. Obviously the latter is resolvable with a throttle blip, but after the 100th time I'm sure it would get annoying.

My bottom line question is.. when driving a car around town, which car would you be more cautious and careful with?
Appreciate 0