View Single Post
      10-19-2010, 01:51 AM   #78
M3KW
Private
Rep
Drives: '11 E93 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAdamz View Post
So you think there WILL be a MY2012 though? And it's just that production will stop in the year 2011, and not necessarily MY2011?

Edit: Think I misinterpreted your post, I believe you're saying that production ends with MY2011 (aka when MY2012 begins) which is probably early next year?
If the rumour proves to be true, then yes, when MY2012 starts, that should be the end of production. However, it must be noted that the M3 was released in 2008 and generally M models last for around 6 years, making the replacement due in 2014. If BMW decides to can the M3 early next year, the M3 would have been around for 3 years, meaning a very short life for this model. Looking at it this way (ie 6 year model life), it seems unlikely that they will stop production this soon but I stand to be corrected. I think for safety, anyone looking to purchase a M3 next year should just speak to a dealer to see what their allocation is for next year and to ask when production ends, because they will most likely know when production ends.