02-11-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
dmk08
Gone Fishin’
United_States
Rep
Drives: Walks

Quote:
Originally Posted by prolific View Post
Basically: I have the option to buy an '08 E92 M3 (DCT, loaded with Tech/Premium/Cold Weather) with only ~8500 miles or so on the odometer.

I'm sure this has been discussed ad nauseam so I do apologize for that (feel free to link any similar threads that come to mind or may be useful) but I'm just curious what everyone's thought was on this potential purchase? I suppose the more I think about it, I'm just wondering what value I'm getting out of a 2008 vehicle (M3 specifically, but this can go for anything with a similar build - Audi, Benz, etc). In the back of my head, no matter how great this thing looks (how great the engineering may be; see above Audi, Benz, etc), sitting on only 8500 miles, I keep thinking how this car is already 5 years old.

Price currently stands at $47.9, haven't started any type of negotiations or anything yet so pricing aside, what do you guys think about purchasing something from '08? Am I walking into a problem? Do I save the money and go for something slightly newer (2009-11ish?)

Looking forward to some discussion, thanks in advance!
If you're into the technology you probably want to look at an 09+ for the upgraded iDrive and such. If you're like me and just care about how the car performs I see no problem with an 08. Well except that price is like 8k too high at least.
Appreciate 0