11-06-2008, 01:11 PM   #5
footie
Major General
Rep
Drives: i5M60

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
Looks like a pretty good competitor on paper. Again the question IMO will be how they compare in hard fast twisties or on the track. Also, your top speed for the M3 is incorrect (unless you want to quote with the limiter, in which case it is close but not the official number).

Agreed, on paper it looks very bit the M3 rival and for good reason. If the TT-RS can perform anything like the TT-S in twistie sections, of which I have little doubt it will be miles better, then I would have to say that things are looking very favourable indeed. Also to achieve a 100km/h in 4.5s means that at the very least it should be capable of the 200km/h in 16.5s minimum, which is within striking distance of the M3.

As for the top speed of the M3, officially it's 155mph, unofficially it's 162mph but it's true unlimited speed could be as high as 190mph. I think if the TT-RS can do 170mph that might be it true top speed or at least very close to that, maybe a couple or three mph higher at best.

I can't see it offering to same entertainment that the M3 is capable of, even the best awd system are only approaching this good and the Haldex system is more about controlling the slid instead of prolonging it. If you can get your thrills from the sheer speed it's capable of cornering at or the way it can change direction then the TT-RS could be Audi best effort to date at dethroning the M3.
Appreciate 0