Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Different Ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew@ActiveAutowerke View Post
Quote:
Myth.... power under the curve is great but a little research will show you that most kits on the market will make similar torque because of the behavior of the motor. The biggest difference will be the peak horsepower... if the blower on the car is out of air you can either lower the redline so the drop off in power isn't as big or it will just fall of.. When the blower is done you can ask for all the boost in the world but if the blower isnt capable of it then it simply will not make the power... Others ways to make up for an inadequate blower is via ignition timing which is obviously not recommended and can lead to engine failures....

This is totally false sorry for making a discussion.
Start using the quote thing it just makes it a little easier to understand. If blower A is not out of if its efficiency range and not maxed out then why would you change the blower on any system? Wouldn't it make sense and be a lot more cost effective for the end user / consumer to make that kit upgradeable. With that said if this blower is out of that efficiency range why is the torque such a big deal if the blower is maxed out? Like I understand the whole pushing it to the limits thing but is that wise...? Let me know if you understand that if not I will elaborate.

Last edited by Omar@VelosDesignwerks; 09-11-2012 at 10:28 AM..
Appreciate 0