02-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #15
ortho281
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmw16 View Post
At Zeckhausen the rotors are $20 more per corner so that's pretty much in the noise.

Thanks, that's not much more.

Pads are a little bit of a different story. It's a mixed bag, but for track pads, if you wanted PFC01 pads you'll pay $120 more per axle for the ST60 over the ST40 calipers. The real 'cost' of this will be a matter of how quickly you consume pads.
Thanks, makes sense that the ST-60 pads would last longer. So it may be a wash.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefile View Post
The cost of pads per axle will be offset by the bigger pads and lower temp wearing more slowly. And a lot of wheels fit 380's. I think 355 would work, but why not get the better brakes for a few hundred bucks more?
Thanks, I am leaning towards the 380's, unless I find a good arguement to go with 355's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
Might want to read this before switching to ST

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=624330
Thanks, I did. Hope this is only an isolated case. A bummer regardless.

Quote:
Yeah, you should not buy products from a company that has had 1-2 cosmetic failures out of the thousands of kits sold

Mine have seen 15k street miles and ~25 track events and look great.
Thanks, costmetic is not as important, but still something to consider.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic311 View Post
Just saying..he should be aware..I cant see why someone would go for ST over Brembo..which is top of the mark..but hey do what you must
I like the Brembo but dont want to have to remove calipers just to change pads.

Quote:
$2k less and work just as well. I've had brembos before, and they're great, but it isn't like some brand name makes them immune to weathering. I have seen Brembos that look just as bad as the ST in that thread. Both companies make great brakes, as does AP and Alcon.
Thanks, this is what I understand also. Prefer the StopTech for faster pad changes.

Akra GT4 / MS Stage 2 / MS UDP / BPM Tune / KW CS / H&R Sways / TMS Delrin / ST 380/355 BBK / Cantrell 2.5" Ducts / SR34 Pads / Apex Arc-8 / Hoosier R7's / Mode GT4 Splitter / GT4 Canards / APR GT-250 Wing / Cantrell Half Cage / Recaro Pro Racer / Schroth Profi II-6 / BMW Alcantera Wheel / Cool Shirt / ESS Fire Supp / Solo DL
Appreciate 0