09-10-2009, 11:30 PM   #278
AMOCHOSTO
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: IB BB E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
First, I don't 'love' any car or thing, and have never nor will ever be 'brand loyal' to anything, to set the record straight.
And no, Ferrari is far from 'sonic' perfection to me; I hate that exhaust note (and yes, I know I'm in the minority here ). And there's nothing perfect; even the much improved 458 won't be perfect , but as far as having better comparable performance than the S65, it obviously does. BUT talking about performance while disregarding longevity is not acceptable to me, and THAT's what Ferrari still has to prove. And that's the reason I prefer my S65; there's a balance for everything.
Ferrari is not the best car for the money by a long shot, period. Most people buy it for its 'status'. People without ego problems () would never pay tens of thousands above MSRP, and that includes multimillionaires like Jay Leno. If I had the means, I'd add a GT3 and an R8 V8 to my garage (hate how V10s sound too ), that's it (plus a few motorcycles , but those are cheap by comparison). That'd give me one of each: FF (DD), FR, MR, and RR. Good day.
I'm not trying to debate wether or not I have an ego problem or not, but I'll buy a Ferrari one day when/if I can ever afford one.

Ferrari has been my favorite car company and my favorite F1 team since I was 10 and earning a Ferrari is one of my life's goals.

The M3 has a sweet sounding engine for sure, but for me Ferrari V12s and the Lambo V10 and 12s are the shizzle!

Appreciate 0