View Single Post
      02-13-2012, 08:34 AM   #15
E90SoFlo
Banned
Rep
Drives: E90 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
I'm actually kind of shocked that there are people on this forum supporting this video. I was hesitant to come in here in fear of seeing "what a terrible thing" or "guns are bad ya know" or "i'm a giant raging hippie and dislike this video."

The thing is, a lot of people say that she learns her behavior from him. While I agree that's partially true, with the way the internet and media is today, it's impossible to really control what your kids are seeing on a daily basis, so they learn a lot from outside sources that you can't filter unless you're a stay at home parent, so I give him the benefit of the doubt that not all of the disrespectful garbage spewing from her mouth (or fingers tapping the keyboard) came from him, but I'm sure some of it did.

The only thing that concerns me with it is that nowadays, I'd be worried that she would commit suicide after seeing this video because her life is "so hard" and "so unfair."
Are you serious?

I think the dad told his daughter what would happen if she did it again, she did and he did what he said he would.

I can almost guarantee that 10 years from now, when they are at a family dinner they will all laugh about this and she (the daughter) will agree that it was the right thing to do at the time. There is always multiple ways to do things, some more extreme then others, but he is the parent. If more parents acted like this, kids these days would start to RESPECT there parents again, which they have (for the most part) stopped doing these days.

Sometimes you have to prove your point and it seems the dad has tried multiple ways to get it across to his daughter, Im sure this got the point across.
Appreciate 0