12-11-2012, 10:47 PM   #23
BMRLVR
Grease Monkey
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3,1994 Euro E36 M3/4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilia@IND View Post
65 Liters!! I'm sure we'd only need to chop a little bit of your firewall to fit that engine in your E90. See you next spring for the swap?

Thanks for sharing, that is some seriously cool stuff. Do my eyes deceive me, or is that wrist pin retaining circlip nearly the size of the S65 bore?
I won't be in for the swap any time soon....... Signing the documents for the new house with the builder tomorrow....... The cars will have to take a back seat for a little while!!!!

Yes you are right about the wrist pin circlip, it is roughly 2.5" in diameter!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROB_S2K View Post
OMG those valves are huge. Those big trucks fascinate me. Thanks for sharing man, its not everyday you get to see photos of this stuff.
They fascinate me too, and I work on them everyday!!! Happy to post the photos!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIdriver View Post
Speechless!! That's one BIG engine...
Actually we have bigger! The CAT 3524B is 117L displacement and 4.875L per cylinder and we have them in our 797's

MTU makes an 8000 series for stationary and marine applications....... is is 8L per cylinder!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crabman View Post
I dig this stuff. I have an EMD for main propulsion on my boat and its interesting to see it come apart at in-frame even though I've seen it many times.
EMD makes great engines, and two strokes are great in boats!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinbo View Post
Damn I fell for it. Great pics though
Thanks!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCMpower View Post
BEEFCAKE!! That would give the torque that the S65 lacks
Might have to beef up the transmission........ This engine has approximately 6350 Lb/Ft of torque at 1900RPM. Not sure on the peak torque number, it is hard to find a dyno graph on larger diesel engines, they generally just list the peak HP numbers. I would assume the peak torque numbers to be between 8000 and 10000 Lb/Ft

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipm3 View Post
HAHA...I got so excited when I saw the thread title.

Very cool photos. It's missing an Akrapovic Exhaust and some supercharger kit though....Do you have any 6-13mph times too?
It has dual 10" exhaust pipes and with 4 turbochargers I don't think it needs an SC!? Do You?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lopeolinda View Post
Thanks for sharing man, its not everyday you get to see photos of this stuff.
You are very welcome!!!

I have some more photos coming up of the new parts...... Stay tuned, I will be posting them later on tonight or tomorrow!