View Single Post
      12-04-2011, 07:01 AM   #136
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

I think it is a great deal. Fits pretty well and is reasonably well made. The only issue for me is that, like any catless and resonatorless x-pipe, it is too loud and raspy. I have removed it and will be installing at least two and maybe 4 resonators. I have the first two and will probably start cutting today.

I think Dinan and Borla use 4 resonators for a good reason. It will still be louder than it was with 4 cats and 2 resonators, but will be civilized for those of us that need to be.

Adding resonators does add to the expense. This x-pipe, unlike the RPI, has a pair of nice straight sections that are ideal for adding resonators. A number of companies sell stainless resonators for $40-70 each. You still come out at about half the cost of a name brand x-pipe with resonators, as long as you can do your own work (I'll do most of my work, but just tack them in place with a mig and pay for tig welding since I don't have a tig yet). It takes about an hour to get the x-pipe off, working on your back with the car on jackstands. I am looking forward to getting a 4 post lift.
Appreciate 0