08-05-2012, 03:52 AM   #81
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by AV9 View Post
so maybe that's a question you can take up with PYSPEED and not the OP...

and for you to say that he only hurt PY's rep by posting this thread and didn't help himself or anyone else is foolish.

he helped me and seems like he helped plenty of other board members here to avoid PYSPEED because of their shady business practices...IMO i've just never seen a member here so avidly defend a company, unless you guys are best friends or something.
I guess you may have not read all my posts or maybe read them differently...and tbh, I don't remember the details of what I posted in this thread (and I'm not going to take the time to go back and read the posts), but to my memory, I didn't necessary defend PY as much as simply tell the op how I was confused as to what was shady and what went wrong.

As, to my recollection, the OP was saying that Sean was being shady because he used this emoticon:
Which to me, = confused, and does not equal calling someone a liar or BSing.
Thus, till now, I still don't see how if one uses a emoticon equal him being shady.
So, to my understanding from what i read that the op said, there was nothing shady done by PY. To this, my statement that PY's reputation was hurt and nothing was gained stands: I still do not understand how PY was shady, thus the fact that members (you yourself included), feel the need to avoid them because you feel they did something shady (Which I still do not see how anything shady occurred), does hurt them without providing anything beneficial.

If PY had taken his money and then changed the price, or took his money and didn't ship it, or took his money and shipped something defective and didn't change it, or took his money and whatever negative happened, then yes I would agree they did something shady.

Now, if my recollection is wrong, and/or I understood incorrectly, then yes that changes things.

But to me, I still do not see how PY did anything shady at all. (maybe you could explain it in cliff notes to me)

And who said my questions were geared toward the Op? They weren't meant for him to answer at all.... I do not understand at all why you would assume this... it's quite obvious the op doesn't know how vendors work (for one, he isn't a vendor), so it's rather straight forward that the questions were meant for vendors and/or someone who is familiar with how vendors on this site work. I do not see why or how you would assume I expected the OP to be able to answer the questions...

I don't personally care about PY as much as I care about vendors and people as a whole. I find it unjust when someone's (or a business's) reputation it tainted without merit. Regardless of who it is. However, if there is merit, then that someone (or business) deserves to have his reputation tainted.

It's late and I have been working all week and all day today, so I am quite exhausted; my apologies if for any grammar/typos/non-coherent statements etc.
Appreciate 0