08-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #68
Sean@PYSpeed.com
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 AW E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post

Perhaps threads get deleted regularly and I haven't been a member long enough to notice. Good to know, but it still doesn't explain why I was asked by PYSpeed to take down this thread w/o any reason as to why they wanted it taken down.

Other than Sean addressing the price difference, he still hasn't addressed why the thread was deleted or why I was asked to take this thread down. Instead, it's other forum members hypothesizing as to why he took the thread down.

If Sean had some transparency at the beginning contacted me to explain why he deleted the thread, why I was asked to take this thread down, AND if he had good reasons for doing so, I would have taken this thread down. In fact, if he had a legitimate reason for deleting the thread and explained it to me, I would have never posted this feedback thread in the first place.

Instead, he let things go, and, IMO, not explaining things is a bit shady, and thus this thread was posted.

As I stated in my original post, you can draw your own conclusion. I've drawn mine, and you can draw yours. However, because I do feel some shadiness in his business practice, I posted this thread to inform others that this *may* happen. It's food for thought when choosing a vendor.
Maybe it's time for me to chime into this post. I bet a lot of people are looking for a reply from me.

1. The price I quoted the OP was considered to be pretty reasonable. I did MSRP $1299 + 8.5% + discounted shipping. Normally our shipping itself would be at least $100 because of the size of the product. 1,584.42. Even if he used LUCKY7 code for July, prices would have been if the OP was going to order from our website, he would have had to pay -$90.93 at total of $1,485.76.

Note~ His original response to our potential customer who asked, "Are prices the same as the webprice?" Tbone said, "yes same price." Clearly he never went to our website to check prices. Also he assumed that shipping was cheaper since he's in California. My icon was used in response. This clearly states why I'm confused to why he responded saying it's the same as webprice. Also, PYSpeed is selling the product, not Tbone.

2. OP was mad or disappointed because of the price I quoted him. He started a discussion on the sale thread to a customer stating the price. Other customer came in and also posted pricing on the thread. I closed the thread because private pricing being posted on the thread would cause issues with other's being confused about promotions. This might also create an issue if we decide to have different promotions in the future. After closing the thread, OP decided to come into the new thread and give a personal opinion of his own. Mods decided to remove his post because of his code of conduct.

It was probably my fault that I did not get back to Tbone regarding new promotions and new pricing after his initial PM. Either way, I can only say it's "miscommunication"... But to be fair on all ends. We don't post pricing on the forums because each customer may have different discount (if he or she is a returning customer, or are buying multiple items at once). Manufacturers also throw specials at different time periods during the year. This is something we give back to our customers.

In the end, the use of still seems to be correct. I'm not BS-ing customers or had the intention of doing so (web price is clearly different form the promotion I gave). This will also be my final response from a sales person point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbone28 View Post
Business 101:

PYSpeed, please see following thread on how to treat customers:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...5#post12430275
Tbone, I actually read the thread. If you would have messaged me in response to any of my previous quotes stating price was high, or even perhaps a friendly message back showing you were interested in the products, I would be glad to work with you. Notice, you took action to PM IND regarding your issues, they responded... We do the same!

If any customers have any inquiries about future products, we'll be glad to assist you. Like we said before, we match all prices on the forums.

-Sean

Last edited by Sean@PYSpeed.com; 08-03-2012 at 11:44 AM..
Appreciate 0