11-21-2011, 06:59 PM   #125
M3 Adjuster
Banned
Albania
Rep
Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
I vote FusionM3 for "Top Painter's Tape Job" of the event!

I like the TWS school since there was a lot of room on the track.

IMO, the classroom stuff was adequeate but The Driver's Edge (TDE) does a better job. On the flipside, the TWS school seems to require a lot more from their green students to move to Blue than TDE. And TDE is more crowded...they are always full.

But TDE is more fun...a lot more humor and a little better organized. For example, TDE raises a flag to signal the time to grid up...not a muffled PA announcement. And TDE has trackside support with things like AIR! And brake pads and other stuff you might need. They can do alignments and a bunch of other stuff.

Most of all, TDE seems to be a lot more diligent about pairing you with an instructor that drives or has driven a similar car. My instructor was a 'Vette guy...never drove a BMW. Every TDE instructor I've had has driven an E46 BMW so they understand the best line for your car. My instructor kept telling me to drive his vette line. I did but I'm not sure it was the best for my car.

If I had to start over, I would start at TDE until I got to blue and then switch to TWS' school.

top painters job of the event was the silver nissan with the yellow tape.

The ENTIRE front bumper cover was yellow.

Great meeting a bunch of you guys out on track...
Appreciate 0