View Single Post
      12-04-2013, 12:41 AM   #39
UGADawgFan
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 991.1 GT3, B9 S4, E92 M3, G05

So I got mine installed today. I can concur with those who have the left tips being about a 1/2" too low. Overall fit and finish is quite nice aside from this and I'll have an exhaust shop fix the hangar to level it out. It's also way way lighter than stock.

So...the sound.

It's thundering, bassy, and obnoxiously loud on a cold start. Your chest vibrates, the ground vibrates, the garage door to the garage you're installing it in will vibrate. Any rattles you had in the car will be more pronounced. Lord help the animal that is sitting behind the exhaust when you crank it.

Driving around normally it's very loud as well. From 0-2500 RPM the drone is insane. This is not a subtle exhaust by any stretch of the imagination. Old ladies in their 70s will wave at you and tell you that it sounds awesome. They'll tell you that this reminds them of their youth and that they used to date guys that had cars that sounded like yours (yes, this happened to me today). The white overly slammed 350z at the traffic light with the white wheels that has a droning ebay exhaust will wish he was you and try to race you. Manly men and teenage boys will fawn over it. Less manly men, animals, most women, and police will probably not fawn over you and will likely hate you. Your neighbors will most certainly hate you when you crank the car in the morning or come home late at night.

I can also concur, as you wind the car out, the engine roar takes over from the exhaust. You can still tell it's there, but it's nowhere near as raucous. I have a DCT car and when you're cruising along at 70-80 mph on the interstate, it's pretty dead silent.

DCT downshifts are orgasmic.

Do I like it? I'm not sure yet. It's a little loud and obnoxious for normal cruising around but my car isn't a daily driver. I hate spending $1x10^6 on exhausts, but I may have to bite the bullet and get an Eisenmann Sport or AA to get the right combination of tone and aggression.

and don't make fun of my huge black M3 badge. It's being removed in the morning and I'm searching for the correct size gloss black one.
Appreciate 0