View Single Post
      10-08-2014, 06:40 PM   #14
hl0m4n
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW

^ thanks everyone for the input... i got the offer yesterday and still have a lot of thinking to do; running on emotions and impulses right now.

when i say "love" my job, i really mean the work i do and the industry i am in. i hate my hours as it is retail. i work every sat (miss this the most), barely no holidays/day off, and lots of hours.

i will be working same industry but for corporate as a 20 month contracted employee. it will be a regular 9-5 monday through friday and all holidays through calender year with 13 personal days a year.

in addition although nothing is a guarantee, i know that working as a contracted employee is best chance to transition to a full time corporate position.

to sum, my main motivation on moving is the possible transition to full time corporate and the hours (biggest deciding factor).

but comes the offsets mentioned above (no health insurance & 401k).

at the moment, i want to move to the new job but need to think of a salary where everything balances out for me and is right to present to company.

current stable job with no progression or take a risk with new job and potential progression in addition to the normal work hours i miss dearly.

that is my dilemma...

gator you bring up a good point and simple answer is i get subsidized.

Last edited by hl0m4n; 10-08-2014 at 06:50 PM..
Appreciate 0