View Single Post
      05-26-2011, 12:17 PM   #22
warzilla
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, f31 330, f31 328d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brey335i View Post
Sorry to intrude, but I assume this is kinda what your tires looked like when you received them:

There is no way you or a shop wouldn't notice that kind of damage and bubbles. And absolutely no way a shop could mount those tires and still not have seen it until finished.

The seller is a good guy and to me it seems he's tried his best to resolve this situation.

You also say that your shop can vouch under oath for those bubbles being there before mounting the tires? That's interesting... either they knew that the bubbles were there and then they should have called you immediately and not mounted the tires. Or they didn't know and then what you are saying is that your tire shop is willing to lie under oath... in which case I wouldn't trust their word for anything anymore

Sorry to bust in like this...
A lot of detectives here who seem to be hinging on specific words.

I think I responded to the 'seen bubbles before mounting' point. Please read that post before bringing that up again. Its nice semantics but not focusing on the main issue.

Again, Seller is a nice guy. Seller sells lots of parts on this forum and has lots of positive recommendations. All in agreement. He does seem like a nice guy.

But the point is, he sold me tires with bubbles on them.

Now if you want to tell me that the shop (a professional place that does tire mounting for a living) messed up both tires in mounting of these tires, then lied to me, and showed them to me after they damaged them, then please say so directly.

But I don't believe that is the case.

I talked to them, and another tire shop and other enthusiasts who know tire mounting and they all find it very hard for that to happen during a mounting (especially on two tires? In the exact same spot on the tire?).

Bottom line: I just want to get this resolved.

2006 M3 ZHP in IB (Crashed) | 2005 M3 ZHP in IB (Sold)
2004 M3 in IR - Current
2018 330ix Wagon - Current
2017 328d Wagon - Current

Last edited by warzilla; 05-26-2011 at 12:30 PM..
Appreciate 0