04-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
JFWM3
JFWE92M3
United_States
Rep
Drives: F06 M6 Gran Coupe 6MT

ESS VT1 Install - E92M3

As the thread says,

I was going to sell my M3 and buy a 2013, but decided to keep the car for another year and go the forced induction route. I appreciate some of the FI guys responding to my pm's prior to making the purchase.

I bought the unit from Roman at ESS and had it installed by Bimmersport in Mississauga, Ontario. Roman and the guys at Bimmersport where helpful all the way through the process. Both companies provide great service.

I went the VT1 route because I drive the car alot in the summer and wanted as little complication as possible.

My impressions are as follows. Visually, the unit is absolutely sexy looking. ESS did a great job on the design, styling and craftsmanship. Bimmersport's install was very clean. Good attention to detail.

The sound of the car is amazing. It turns heads. It has an Active Autorwerks signiture exhaust, and the car simply sounds raw now. I may swap out the exhaust for something quieter as it can be a little loud if I was taking it into the corporate office!

From a drivebility standpoint the car is great in all traffic situations. There is better throttle response all the way through the range. My car is a 6MT so I appreciate not having a lazy drive by wire throttle pedal. From a performance end at higher rpm, the car just pulls. You have to be aware of your surroundings and ensure that you have sufficient space if you are going to bury the throttle. It is also very easy to achieve some speeds that can have your car impounded or put you jail for the night if you are not careful. Kidding aside, ESS did a great job in this area.

I also changed the look of the car this year (Volks) and will include some better pictures later (Blackberry pictures attached).

Thanks again to Roman at ESS, Jon, Charlie and the rest of the guys at Bimmersport.

The only bad part - now I have to buy a BBK.
Attached Images

Last edited by JFWM3; 04-21-2013 at 09:57 PM..
Appreciate 0