12-25-2012, 11:44 AM   #3
mlhj83
Scythe-Meister
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP | F80 M3 CS

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznboi319
I went to the Dyno the other day and I wanted to see if there was any power difference in M Mode and Non M mode. I was very surprised to find out there was not any power difference. The power curves were nearly identical and the only difference was at the top end where M Mode peaked 8 HP higher. I think this was only due to the driver keeping the throttle to higher RPM. I kind of felt disappointed after finding this out. Why does it feel like the car pulls harder in M Mode? Is the throttle response really that fooling? Does M mode only occur in lower gears? It just "feels" like once M Mode is engaged that the car unleashes like ~30% more power. Even when cruising and I just hit M mode the car feels like I just opened the door to a caged beast.
What did you expect? It's obvious that M mode doesn't change the power of the engine. No where in the manual does it state that it does. BMW M has never stated that it does. No review has ever stated that it does. All you are able to alter about the power delivery, is the amount of throttle response.
Appreciate 0