Drives: BMW

Garage List
2018 BMW i3s  [5.00]
2010 BMW M3  [6.50]
2015 BMW M4  [6.20]
Quote:
Originally Posted by H Bomb View Post
well i got my RE short shifter kit put in today

first off thanks to EAS for the fast and exc cust service. they shipped it out the day they got back from sema and i got it 2 days later. thanks guys

thanks to Motor Works West. they are always brutally honest with me and call out junk when they see it just like they did when i brought the UUC one to them. this RE kit is built very well and def no corners cut looks just great. they have installed a few kits on the E9X M3's so far and as you know there aren't many choices so they only have done RE ones and UUC ones. they felt the RE one is way better in all areas

driving it is awesome just the right amount shorter and the shifts are nice and precise no slop at all just nice tight shifts. i will say it is a tight shift so if you like a loose shifter then this may not be for you. i like a nice tight feel even if i have to push a little harder. shifts flawless though no clanking or grinding at all

if i had to knit pick and pick anything bad at all then it would be this. on the 1-2 shift you hear a little synchro noise but my tech said it is not a bad thing like clanking or anything like that it is just how it is. that was the only spot i heard it so far and it is not loud at all

other then that this is bar far the best SSK i have had. i love the short tight precise shifts it gives. i def reccomend this kit for anyone on the fence about which to get. i am so glad i didn't get the uuc one which i almost pulled the trigger on but after talking with my tech and what he felt after test driving both and getting his feedback on which was better i went with the RE. i don't mind the tightness of it. it is a little harder to push into gear then stock but not bad at all. i prefer that feeling. like i said if you don't then maybe this one isn't for you

i give it a A+ on performance and on build quality etc. makes me enjoy the car even more now

H
Great review - this is one of my favorite mods to date on the M3.

GET DAILY UPDATES ON OUR BLOG · FACEBOOK · YOUTUBE · FLICKR · INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0