07-30-2011, 02:03 PM   #34
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
That's a great point. If you will have a hard time distinquishing an individual color from a standard color, then it just a really expensive bragging right. I haven't seen Azurite in person so I wouldn't know how close it is to Jet Black or Jerez Black but I suspect you are right and that 99% of people would not know the difference and even a high percentage of M3 owners would not know the difference.
It wouldn't be for bragging rights. I am just a total sucker for very dark, rich blues. In fact, I'm planning on getting a relatively stripped M3 (well, I'm not sure with the standard equipment on Canadian M3's if they could really be called "strippers", but anyway.)

This forum member who has an Azurite Black said, "If you place Jerez and Azurite side-by-side, it is plain they are quite different. Azurite has a deeper blue, a richer overall colour, and much more pronouced metallic flake. (http://www.m3post.com/forums/showpos...8&postcount=44)

The good (but few) pics that I have seen of it make it appear like a slightly deeper, more metallic and more iridescent blue/black, but the difference still seems subtle overall to Jerez Black.

Also, I would like to get an individual trim like Piano Black, which is included with the Individual color in the $3,900 Canadian Package. The package also comes with High Glass Shadowline trim which is a $750 stand-alone option, but dunno if that makes any difference either to the look? Again, not for bragging rights, just because I like it...