Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoreHead View Post
I'm not uninformed. I'm reading quoted figures for the car.

Here's from Edmunds:
The Mercedes E55 AMG comes with a supercharged 5.5-liter V8 rated at 469 horsepower and 516 pound-feet of torque. Mercedes claims a 0-to-60-mph time of just 4.5 seconds for the sedan

You've seen the ones from Motor Trend saying the same.

Evo Magazine:
The IHI-supercharged 5.4-litre V8 develops 469bhp at 6100rpm (the SL55's original 'lower-end-of-production-tolerance' output before it was re-certified at 500bhp) and the same 516lb ft of torque between 2650rpm and 4500rpm

Clearly you are the ones that are uninformed. You may be able to brush off one magazine but there are 3 examples quoting the exact same figures. And they are 3 from different parts of the world. The E55 had the same output for every market.

The E63 has 518bhp but from all the evidence I've seen the E55 clearly has 469bhp.

Stickypaws: My point exactly. I buy whatever car tickles my todger and this time round it was an M3. I know there are far faster cars out there (I was going to buy a Z06 but just couldn't sit inside one for any length of time without wanting to throw up. surely 3k extra and a decent interior is not much to ask for?)
For the record that was just a joke about the gearbox but you seem to be the only one that realised that.
So.........? You are still quoting wrong figures....... figures that MBUSA's marketing devised to lead people to think that the S55 has power than the E55..........

Have you actually driven the E55 extensively?