View Single Post
      12-04-2008, 09:49 PM   #228
bruce.augenstein@comcast.
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2017 C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by haen View Post
Turbos are going to open a whole new level of performance relative to engine size/weight and fuel consumption. The V8 in the current M3 weighs as much as MB's 6.2L V8 and Z06's 7.0L V8. Frankly, I consider that unacceptable given its power output, down ~20% in hp and ~30% in torque to both engines. No, I don't care about HP/liter and neither should you. It's not like there are engine displacement restrictions for production cars. Why confine yourself to unnecessary boundaries? I don't see the benefit of sticking to a certain philosophy if it doesn't produce competitive results. I like BMW's decision to switch to forced induction. It shows that they are willing to change with the industry. I would be concerned if they decided to stick with their current formula of high revving engines because it's not appropriate for the current market. The next generation of M cars are going to be lighter, more powerful and consume less fuel than the current generation. How can you complain about that?
Wow, a new resident Dr. Evil on board. I thought that was my job, but pleased to have company.

Bruce
Appreciate 0