View Single Post
      12-20-2011, 05:55 PM   #1
swartzentruber
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

BBK Christmas Present -- Opinions Desired

I'd appreciate opinions -- positive/negative on these two options. One of these kits will end up under my Christmas tree.
http://shop.achtuning.com/search.asp...se&category=67

I had pretty much decided on the Stoptech kit, but having second thoughts after hearing great things about Alcon, used in the StaSis kit. Not a ton of price difference either way. Yes, this is for my R32 track car, although I believe similar products are available for the M3, and they shouldn't be that different. Based on searches, most reviews in this forum are quite positive on the stoptech ST-40 kit (or st-60), haven't seen much on Alcon products here. Ironically, both my current (R32) and planned future (M3) track cars suffer from lacking brake ducting, which is a primary reason for getting a BBK.

I'm not sure if anyone will ask this, but I've tried a variety of other options first (pads/fluids/rotors/changing braking styles), but continue to overcook my brakes, and it seems a BBK is my best option, and these seem my best bets. So, whatever feedback you care to leave that can help sway my thinking one way or another, I'd appreciate it.