View Single Post
      03-10-2009, 10:01 AM   #24
The Truth
Rep
Drives: 2 door

Quote:
Originally Posted by serven7 View Post
Yes its wet lay and yes its in Singapore. It is the only method for cf interior parts, lets face it, its for looks only when it comes to interior.

In regards to the "nothing else" I respectfully disagree. "the truth" is all this rear diffuser, front splitter, boot lid, carbon mirrors etc. is all for looks. You arent improving anything but the looks of the car. So who cares what its made of as long as it looks good. Before you get into the weeds about which type of cf diffuser is lighter, why dont you think about saving the added weight, time and money and just not put it on the car at all?
I agree fitment is the number one thing, my point was some companies are putting out misleading infos to make us "believe" the make dry carbon product but they dont. Dry carbon or not, you do not save much weight on defuser and little with front lip and you are right you gotta pay to play. But I dont like to be ripped off paying $1500 for a wet-layed front lip pretend to me dry carbon, no where near perfection as they claimed. its replicas are less then half of the price, build with better quality and honest about the wet-layed process. I'm sure we all dont like to be cheated on or lie to.

When it comes to interior, you are right the best thing is wraped around OEM parts. I had that done on my for fraction of the price as well.

see pics, first one is THE $1500 front lip spoiler pretend to be dry carbon. 2nd pics is the pinholes of wet-layed carbon under lights.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0