View Single Post
      07-16-2012, 04:10 PM   #1
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Thumbs down PYSPEED? More like PYJOKE

What was I thinking by writing such a great comeback review on these guys below? I'm stuck with a shitty hood and $2,000 out of pocket! Glad they got banned and I'm not afraid to show it.

Bobby@PYSpeed came through and I will be receiving a new hood shortly. To any prospective buyers of PYSpeed please do not be frightened to purchase, this fault was not completely theirs. Obviously Arkym did not make this hood up to par with the rest of them. I have not been told, been compensated or anything of the sort to update this post with a positive note. I will continue to support vendors and integrity may have been questionable at one point on their end but they held up their agreement and my problem has now been resolved. Let us hope the new hood is above par.

I will update this thread accordingly and add pictures + full times and dates either this evening or tomorrow afternoon but just so you can get a jist of the story..

I ordered an Arkym hood through these guys, a while ago and no doubt Arkym stuck to their time frame and if I remember correctly it was delivered to me in about 5-6 weeks.

My mine body shop in Calgary is 'Screamin' Paintworks,' I trust these guys from paint to shaved reflectors and you can ask anyone around here, they are one of the main go to guys in the city. Anyways, we went to the back, opened it up and noticed one of the edges had a lapse in the CF and it looked off but I thought hey you know if it fits good then you won't even see it. Come back to pick the car up, noticed it was off straight away and got in touch with Bobby@PYSPeed the next day. He tells me to send all these different kinds of pics, all angles etc etc.. I came through with his every request and he kept on telling me he would get back to me by so and so time, so and so date, never once actually came through on time. I always ended up having to call by myself, sometimes 3-4 times a week. He always says how Arkym have never had a problem with these hood and they all fit perfectly, but obviously not considering the hood even falls short of fitting properly on one side.

I went to other shops in the city; Maranello and Contemporary Coachworks, these guys are the big guns in Alberta that works on cars, I stick with Screamin' however because I know them. Anyhow, both of those companies said there is no way in hell the hood could fit and it was a poor piece, no questions.

I have to jet now but I will leave you all with a picture and a full write-up will be done soon. Also, right now Bobby gave me the choice of sending my hood in for inspection before they even consider a replacement even though you can just tell from the pics how bad the piece is. They also say I have to pay shipping both ways and on top of that I do not have a stock hood because my car was vandalized.

Now he has also stopped replying to my messages and I only got one reply back (a few days ago) because I mentioned I was going to come on here and post this. No phone calls, no nothing now.

--

UPDATE w/PICS

The gaps are killing me!!!!

Last edited by BMW Fanatic; 12-29-2012 at 06:52 PM..
Appreciate 0