Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Porschefile View Post
I agree that I doubt any person or company will share that information. But I think that fact speaks for itself. If JRZ's were 2 seconds faster than KW CS with the same track same driver then JRZ would love to tell everyone that fact.

I don't doubt that they are better made pieces, I just doubt that that will translate into a substantive improvement in performance.
True. There are so many variables which render lap times as not a true comparison.

I look at the long-term costs. Not only how long they will last but what if I need to upgrade to springs? Can these coilovers "grow" with me as my skill (hopefully) increases? What if I decide to change the focus of the car? What if I decide to daily drive the car more? What about running R-Comps, slicks, street tires, etc.

Also, you have to look at the support that comes along with the coilovers. If you ask me, that's also a cost issue. If you have better support and data on the coilver/car setup from the vendor/manufacturer...then you'll get things right faster and you're not spending money in the form of frustrating track days trying to dial things in. From my recent shopping experience, the support your get is the biggest variable. I went with TC Kline because they can pretty much tell you how to setup a stock E46 right out of the box based on their testing.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0