View Single Post
      11-05-2012, 02:25 AM   #1
WishBone33
First Lieutenant
Japan
Rep
Drives: SGM 135i

Insurance Claim Help

So on Saturday night I was involved in my first accident. A truck ran a stop light and hit my car on the passenger side rear right around my gas tank door. It left a pretty good dent and scratches and also messed up my rear wheel as well as my front wheel (because i tried to regain control of my car and hit the curb). The police came and made a report and i called my insurance company the next day and they set up an appointment to meet with their adjuster on Thursday.

Anyone with experience on the matter have any suggestions to what to watch out for so I don't get some low ball offer. I know the insurance companies want to save as much money as possible so I'm sure they'll low ball the hell out of me. They already tried to recommend me to take my car to some body shop i've never heard of in my town and their other recommendation was to take it to the Ford dealership body shop. I would like to take my car to an authorized bmw collision center if possible and would also like to be compensated for my wheels as I would think it's not possible to order just a front and rear custom wheel.
Appreciate 0