View Single Post
      07-17-2010, 01:00 PM   #1
dimabimmer
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 ZCP 6MT

WOW $1131/month Geico policy on '11 M3 !!!

I don't know what else to say,- it is simply a rip off

For a man of almost 40 years old, with a very clean license no prior accidents in past and no traffic violations,- Gieco wants $6760 every 6 months or $1,131/month to insure '11 M3 that I have on order.
I've had policy with Geico before for my '07 335i and I paid for that policy about $230/month for 3 years and was done with more than 6 months ago. Geico rep said my new policy is affected negatively since I have not had auto policy for more than 6 months... Even the Geico rep thought the rate Geico gave me was outrageous and suggested to obtain policy with other providers.

What gives?

Any suggestions for other auto insurance companies?

In response to all the good advices from M3 posters, here is-

UPDATE:

In 3 years of having policy with Geico for my leased '07 335i @ $230/m - I had 2 (two) incidents not of my fault:

1) Stone chip windshield,- Claimed Geico Auto Glass Repair, had Geico replace windshield.
2) Two front tires destroyed due to running over a "Street Cut" with no posted signs of construction etc,.- Claimed Geico full coverage to get tires replaced,- Geico paid $180 for 2 (two) front POTENZA RFT!!! LOL (they only paid $180!) I ended up buying 2 Potenza's for $800...

Another update:

Spoke to friend of mine,- she is an insurance biller, knows it all in and out. I told her my Geico story, and she was not even surprized. She said she also had Geico, and while being insured she made ONE CLAIM. When she wanted to renew her Geico policy,- she was simply denied. Not like myself, being offered astronomical policy $1131/m which would most definitely make me go else where, but... she was denied for making a claim. I also made 2 claims with Geico while being insured. One claim I made, was Stone Chip in Windshield and the Other claim I made was for the blown front tires.

You see, - Geico wants you to pay for policy, but if you even remotely think of making claims,- they do not want you. And that is the reason I got offered $1131/m for policy.
Now we know,- Geico only works one way, like a money machine... money goes in, does not go out.

Seeing Geico gekko and cave man commercials makes me

THE LATEST UPDATE:

PROGRESSIVE QUOTE- $322/month !!!

PROGRESSIVE FTW
Attached Images

Last edited by dimabimmer; 07-20-2010 at 04:08 PM..
Appreciate 0