Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW 3

Garage List
1996 320iT  [0.00]
2003 M3  [0.00]
2006 325i  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Thanks for the positive feedback! I did a lot of road testing last week - not driving, but actual testing with a designated route that has specific surface characteristics and issues along the way, including cracks from freezing, transition seams, larger bridge seams, rough concrete, chunked-out asphalt, and a very smoothly bumpy strip in front of a stoplight where trucks stop and have rutted up the surface. The JRZ really is very pleasant on the wide variety of surfaces. There is a bit of damping range to use, and all of it is truly usable. At these streetable spring rate ranges, even with the damper dialed all the way up there is still not brutal. They did a good job hitting the mark with valving for the intended use of the shock.

One unexpected point is that half of this is on my way home from work, so my pure stock F30 ran a section unplanned. I can confirm, and was surprised, that the initial hit of some of the sharper bumps is actually harder in this stock BMW suspension than it was on my E46 with JRZ and 600/700 springs.
Appreciate 0